What size of riders would this work for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

IMG_2799.png

IMG_2800.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A 22 will work for a 5-8 rider OK on a traditional bike - both mine are 23in/56cm for old skool sizing and I'm 5-9. I'm more 52/54 for modern frames.

BUT...

You'll need alot smaller for the MrsF - I'd check both of your in-seams for leg differences - depending on leg length.

So if Mrs is 3" less on the crotch to floor than you are (basic easy measurement) the frame/seat post will need to accomodae that plus or minus an inch or more like two.

22x22 will be a push, with the rear at lowest.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The frame looks like it may work though, as you only gave the 'pilots' frame size. What's your inseam measurement. The rear looks to have a oad of movement for shorter riders.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You need the stoker's seat-tube length. It'll probably be okay if it's 19" or so, depending on your wife's inside leg measurement.

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

IMG_2801.png

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
My wife is a little taller - 5'3" and our tandem is a 21" on the rear. With the seat right down it just fits her, but ideally i'd like a smaller frame as I'd like to fit a suspension seat post as the stoker cannot see forthcoming bumps and hence sometimes gets a nasty jolt.
If it's close to you, I'd go and have a look.

Top Bottom