What size towel do you take when you go touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I am flying I normally do not take a towel at all - I buy one when I get there - with the intention that they get thrown away going back - not so good at that - airing cuboard has "souvineers" from NZ, Greece et.al. - normally a proper large furry job that is usable on the beach and doubles as a cover for a pannier to use as a pillow and as something to sit on in the tent - lives on the top of the rear rack to dry in the day - gets used as little as possible for drying - if it is warm then minimal shorts from the shower and drip dry on the way back to the tent - all in all has been a very satisfactory way of going about things

Last year I invested in a microfibre thingy - I knew I was going north for a lot of my trip and beach would be transitory and I wanted to cut down on volume - it was sort of OK - gets rid of the worst - but definetly still damp when finished drying and dressed on colder days - major plus is that it dries relatively quickly when it has been washed - would depend on what sort of climate I am going to next time I tour whether it goes

Willem - I do find your obsession in reducing weight a little ............. but I weigh every thing as well and keep a spreadsheet - from the point of view of what is the maximum that I can get on an aeroplane and what I will need to buy when I arrive (ps - I saw a comment that your english is excellent and I totally agree - but a few paragraph breaks would be nice)

Norm

Now just a minute! I believe it was me who set the gag up! Don't I get one too?
I think I've already mentioned that I have an Uncle Phil, although his location is closer to Windsor than York.

Anyway, you can certainly have a :bravo: but you have the wrong bits for me to ever give you a :wub:

:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think I've already mentioned that I have an Uncle Phil, although his location is closer to Windsor than York.

Blimey, are you Viscount Linley?

Phil, I'm very sorry, I almost pointed out that you started the gag, but my desperate craving for fame, fortune and adulation got the better of me.

:whistle: :blush: :bravo: :cheers:

Top Bottom