what some some people throw away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
Who throws things like that away ?
I'm stunned.
Might it possibly be a stolen bike that has been stripped of the items required and then disposed of? The only identifiable part being the frame which is numbered.
Just a thought.

Might it possibly be a stolen bike that has been stripped of the items required and then disposed of? The only identifiable part being the frame which is numbered.
Just a thought.

A likely scenario Dirk.
You also have Local Councils doing house clearances,and they chuck every last thing in the skip.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
went to the local dump and this was there so bought it for a crazy price

If that's a council dump they're not supposed to sell what's deposited, I've tried previously to do this but usually get turned down. I think they may loose their job if they do, however if you offer enough and do it surreptitiously they may just accept.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
If that's a council dump they're not supposed to sell what's deposited, I've tried previously to do this but usually get turned down. I think they may loose their job if they do, however if you offer enough and do it surreptitiously they may just accept.
At our local tip, in Ilfracombe, they've got anything worth having laid out, car boot style. They'll even give you a receipt.

D

Deleted member 26715

Around our way Nottinghamshire/South Yorkshire all the tips, oops sorry refuse reclamation centres are all independently run, they pay a fee to the council to run them. As to throwing things away, I once threw away a Raleigh Milk Race, it was in the way & I wasn't riding at the time.

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

the tip is allowed by the council to sell any item that is taken there, but only I think to private individuals. they take your name and car reg for the reciept

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Some Norfolk tips have Reuse Shops and the staff will persuade people to donate anything they think they can sell, rather than throw it in the various skips.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Nice frame but my those flags need weeding!

Top Bottom