What Spd-sl shoes £100 budget?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
After many years I’m changing from MTB shoes to road shoes as I feel it’s time to grab that extra half a watt. I’ve got my pedals but which shoes to go for. Size Euro 43. Anybody selling any?
Cheers.

Slick

Guru
I Bought these as they were on sale and I wanted to treat myself. They felt great in the shop, maybe a little lose but I reckoned better that than the other. On my first few rides after about an hour, I could feel a bit of pain as if my foot was swelling width wise. It has started to reduce so maybe they just need broken in.

https://www.sprocketscycles.com/fizik-r5b-road-shoes#.W0xa9JDTU1I

Iwasn't taking the risk and went to Halfords to buy these for over a tenner less than the price quoted here despite the sale then added the BC discount. I haven't tried them yet but I have the spd equivalent and whilst they may not look the best, they are very comfortable.

https://www.sprocketscycles.com/shimano-rp100-spd-sl-road-shoes#.W0xcSZDTU1I

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It depends on your feet, a list of shoes from hundreds of members will not help. I am a big fan of the Boa closure system found across a lit of shoes, but won't recommend one particular shoes over another as everyone's feet are different. I think I tried on at least 75 pairs before I found the right ones.

vickster

Legendary Member
Go try a load on in local bike shops. Buy the ones that fit. Feet will swell in hot weather so bear that in mind

Also, bike shoes often come up small and / or narrow so a 43 bike shoe may well not be the same as a 43 trainer

U

User6179

By the time I checked this my size sold out but thanks.

If you are usually a 43 then I would go for 44 in shimano shoes.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I’m fancying those Fizik shoes already mentioned. Not rushing into it, maybe pull the trigger by Sunday.

tom73

Guru
I just about to go clipless so found a good pair but cheaply on eBay thinking being don’t want to mess up a good pair well I get use to it.. Did some looking into sizes and stuff 1st.

Bagged a pair of Giro Apeckx II cheaply and handy used. sizing is good with room to spare decent stiff shoe but comfy they look good too.

Top Bottom