What strange things have you done on your commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Riding my normal route, down a cycle track then across a field. A distressed young lady flagged me down. I had no choice but to stop when she jumped in front of me. :biggrin:

She beckoned me to follow (she was out of breath due to running.). She was close to tears and said something about her dogs. So I followed.

As soon as we went around the corner I could see, In the middle of the field a dog lying down and another, (exactly the same type) standing next to it tugging on the one on the floor.

I rode over to them and found one of the dogs had its fang caught in the choke chain of the other. It was twisted so severely that the dog couldn’t let go. The other dog was choking and its eyes were rolling back! It seemed like 10minutes before I could untwist and untangle the chain. As I was untwisting the chain, she explained to me that she had poor eyesight so couldn’t untangle them herself.

The dog survived and I found out we lived in the same street. The next day her family posted me a thankyou card with £10 in it! :biggrin::ohmy:

That doesnt happen everyday! :thumbsup:

Car on fire Mile End.Load of smoke coming out engine then when they stopped it burst into flames.

fruitbat

Tonight on the way home I saw a duck with 6 ducklings in the middle of the road trying to eat a banana skin and a discarded strawberry. I shepherded them onto the pavement and back the way I had come from away from the main road. It was the oddest excuse I've given the missus as to why I was late!

Crash

Seems like a good place for my first post :biggrin:

Good things :

Stopped traffic on a dual carriageway to retrieve a car wheel that was slap bang in the middle of the road and cars were passing either side swerving with gay abandon.

Naughty things :

Maybe i'll wait till i know you lot better before i tell all.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
joebe said:
I've wet myself quite a few times........ deliberately.

badkitty said:
Erm,why? Am I missing some interesting girly cycling experience by stopping and weeing in the woods?

Should I eschew such practices and just let it happen in future? xx(

What's going on? Why is everyone else treating Joebe's post as if it's normal? xx(

I think we're afraid to ask why. I know I am.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I told a driver he had a nail stuck in his rear tyre this morning.....khama came when I scalped my colleague in his car over a 4 mile trip later in the day....

I think I've merged two threads in my mind here, I'm sure there was one for 'things I've seen on my commute' as well but it's hiding from my search attempts...

So, today I *observed* a red BMW with 'Pimp Ship' spraypainted in black all down the side.... (and not in a professional manner either).

Wonder who he annoyed?

Top Bottom