What things to buy my bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dale.

Hi, i am getting my barracuda jacana soon so i will want panniers etc, so was wondering what everyone recommends, here is a list of things i'm looking for and if someone can suggest something to add to the list i'll appreciate it:

Panniers
Inner tubes
Puncture repair kit
Lights
Helmet

it's a 22" frame with 26" wheels,

Cheers
Dale.

Alan Whicker

Don't forget a decent lock.

OP
OP
D

Dale.

Dayvo said:
Was it (the bike) still there? :tongue:

What about clothing (cycling-specific)? Lycra shorts and shirt (team gear?) and SPD shoes to go with clipless pedals?

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :becool:

I'm not really a lycra person i don't think.
I will possibly look into getting SPD shoes in the future but i don't think i will at the moment, what are the benefits of them?

Also, thank you for the welcome.

Alan Whicker

Gloves. I don't always wear a helmet but I never ride without gloves. If you take a tumble the first thing you do is put your hands out to break your fall. Also takes the pressure off your palms when you're riding.

OP
OP
D

Dale.

User3143 said:
I'd look at buying another bike TBH

Why?

DaleB

Brandane said:
A computer. CatEye Strada wireless!

I've just got this myself, got the 'Cateye Micro Wireless' it's ace (bit cheaper though)... As for glasses to keep the flies out, they're essential when near the countryside, flies everywhere!

;)

Topeak racks and bags are well worth the money, very well thought out.
If you are going to ride at night, on unlit rural-type roads, you will need a front light with at least 500 lumens output, otherwise you will still ride into potholes you didn't see coming. Smart Superflash rear lights will attract passing aircraft they are so bright, so should deter tailgaters.
SPDs are worth it.
Only use decent tyres and tubes, cheap ones do not last, are not puncture resistant and change shape horribly once inflated.

scouserinlondon

you'll probably need a multi tool, and a pump at some point down the line too.

I recommend getting decent rechargable batteries and a charger to power the lights you've already mentioned, or you'll be spending your hard earned on bloody batteries for ever more.

Top Bottom