What to do with my Workshop!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
well, in a few weeks time (once credit checks etc are completed) i will be in possesion of a 3 bed semi with garage and a workshop!!

now, PC building, bike restoration or something else!

i already have at least 1 bike i can try and restore, an old Claud Butler MTB that could do with a strip down and rebuild (see what i can save off of it!) or i can use it for building PC's and repairing them (self taught but my PC at home is stupid fast or little money or time to build!) or something else entirely! i do have a warhammer collection that im looking to improve on, so may buy bulk lot jobs from Ebay, strip the paint and then either repaint or sell on for a little bit of cash.

the choices, the choices!! lol

Globalti

Legendary Member
Illicit hooch distilling is pretty lucrative, I've heard. I know a place up here in the Pennines where it's happening a couple of miles from a main road.

Just don't blow yourself up like those Ukranians did a year or two ago, all you equipment must be flameproof.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Well a bike workshop would be the obvious choice.
H4230292-Orville_Wright_in_his_bicycle_workshop-SPL.jpg

But a general purpose workshop, with some metal and wood working equipment and a good bench, would allow a number of activities.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
The atttached garage will have my car and a few racks on the walls ready to take bikes, the workshop has 4 double power points, heater and light all on a seperate ring (and RCD box) to the rest of the house!!!

i will be raiding my dads garage for vices, hacksaws and other usefull tools that i currently dont have.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just let it evolve into what it will...don't try too hard to 'fossyant' it, otherwise you'll need three vaccuum cleaners (v+1 starter kit) + one to keep the other three free of dust. :rolleyes:

You missed out the Mr Sheen supply ! :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
The atttached garage will have my car and a few racks on the walls ready to take bikes, the workshop has 4 double power points, heater and light all on a seperate ring (and RCD box) to the rest of the house!!!

i will be raiding my dads garage for vices, hacksaws and other usefull tools that i currently dont have.

Go to a few car boots and autojumbles, and look for a really decent old bench vice - the sort you bolt down to the bench. An old one will be much stronger than something modern of a similar size, and might be had for £20.

I'd go with NT's suggestion and keep it as a all-purpose workshop.

Top Bottom