What to do with old 531 frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I posted this thread with lots of pictures in For Sale - its attracted no interest so I'm now left wondering what to do with the frame (the rest will just go on eBay).

Looking at the Bob Jackson repair price list it would come in at about £300 (new BB shell, re-space rear, single rear drop out and re-enamel). Taking out the single rear drop out would bring it down to about £240. On eBay the most I've seen a Bob Jackson go for is £400 (and some have only made a little over £100), so its a major risk doing it for re-sale.

I really, really don't want to bin the frame as I suspect with the correct TLC its got years of life left in it.

Is there anyone not to far from South Manchester who does frame repairs?

I suppose I could just sand it down and spray can it then stick it on eBay with the thread less BB included - I might give it away to the right home, but really could do with the funds at the moment...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@amasidlover i now its not local but try Lee Cooper Cycles on the outskirts of Coventry

must admit i looked at original advert but the stuck seat post put me off

Schneil

Veteran
I posted this thread with lots of pictures in For Sale - its attracted no interest so I'm now left wondering what to do with the frame (the rest will just go on eBay).

Looking at the Bob Jackson repair price list it would come in at about £300 (new BB shellreens, re-space rear, single rear drop out and re-enamel). Taking out the single rear drop out would bring it down to about £240. On eBay the most I've seen a Bob Jackson go for is £400 (and some have only made a little over £100), so its a major risk doing it for re-sale.

I really, really don't want to bin the frame as I suspect with the correct TLC its got years of life left in it.

Is there anyone not to far from South Manchester who does frame repairs?

I suppose I could just sand it down and spray can it then stick it on eBay with the thread less BB included - I might give it away to the right home, but really could do with the funds at the moment...

Re:South MCR frame repairers
Have you tried a few of the local bike shops?
Rick Greens? Will's Wheels?
If they don't they might know someone who does

02GF74

Über Member
if you want to keep it, then cost shouldn't matter .... but as you know you can get better for less. such is life.

from the prices you quote, i am surprised you cannot get a new jackson frame for similar.

put it on ebay and let the buyer have the problem.

the painting you can do yourself - i did my 531 frame with rattle cans from halfords and it is still fijne - it needs a lot of time to do a decent job..

Top Bottom