What to do with old earplugs..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I wouldn't sleep next to a snorer or in the same room as one either, like in a shared room YHA or something. No chance, no way would I be shoving things down my ears, they would have to sort themselves out and sleep elsewhere.
No way would I put up with someone making that my problem. Its really ignorant.

Ignorant is a bit strong.

I get that its really annoying but they don't do it deliberately.

I worked offshore for years, my mate was a cracking guy but he was a nightmare to share a room with. Eventually all the snorers got a purple dot on their T card and were put in a room together and I got a room to myself. :becool:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Ignorant is a bit strong.

I get that its really annoying but they don't do it deliberately.

I worked offshore for years, my mate was a cracking guy but he was a nightmare to share a room with. Eventually all the snorers got a purple dot on their T card and were put in a room together and I got a room to myself. :becool:

They can do things about it, like losing weight and wearing mouthguards and even having operations on the back of the throat etc.
No way would I be able to put up with it, if a partner of a snorer can cope with it then that's up to to them?.

Slick

Guru
They can do things about it, like losing weight and wearing mouthguards and even having operations on the back of the throat etc.
No way would I be able to put up with it, if a partner of a snorer can cope with it then that's up to to them?.

Not sure what to say to that. :laugh:

To be fair, one guy I worked with was the worst snorer I have ever heard in my life, and I think it was because he lost loads of weight. I recently worked with a wee guy who has a C pap machine as he used to come in to the office with the strap marks still on his face. Well, that was what he told us anyway. :laugh:

Asking someone to have an operation is a bit OTT as well, NHS don't carry out operations on request and not everyone can afford that.

Maybe a little understanding is in order, especially as it can affect anyone at any time.

classic33

Leg End Member
How much weight should a person loose? Percentage of bodyweight.

Your last two suggestions aren't options that can be considered by me.

Anyone who says they don't snore is deluding themself.

Slick

Guru
How much weight should a person loose? Percentage of bodyweight.

Your last two suggestions aren't options that can be considered by me.

Anyone who says they don't snore is deluding themself.

Unfortunately, I do now as well sometimes, mostly if really tired. I've had a couple of operations on my nose and it can block with the fluid filled sack we all have for no apparent reason decides to completely block the airway and I can snore from time to time.

The only way I'm aware of is the bruises where Mrs Slick has kicked me. :laugh:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Plenty of people don't snore, if you are overweight and a snorer its not rocket science that getting your weight down to a healthy level will help. Why should a partner have to suffer sleep deprivation and its knock on effects due to snoring which people can do plenty about?
Sorry but its really not acceptable.

classic33

Leg End Member
Plenty of people don't snore, if you are overweight and a snorer its not rocket science that getting your weight down to a healthy level will help. Why should a partner have to suffer sleep deprivation and its knock on effects due to snoring which people can do plenty about?
Sorry but its really not acceptable.
And if weight isn't the issue, what then?

Slick

Guru

I think your fishing in an empty pond. :laugh:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I wouldn't sleep next to a snorer or in the same room as one either, like in a shared room YHA or something. No chance, no way would I be shoving things down my ears, they would have to sort themselves out and sleep elsewhere.
No way would I put up with someone making that my problem. Its really ignorant.

I would suggest that if you choose to sleep in the same room as others, "like in a shared room YHA or something", then you need to expect that someone else might snore. It's not very reasonable to expect them to "sort themselves out and sleep elsewhere".
If snoring annoys you so much, then go pay for a private room and don't sleep in shared accommodation!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
For recycling information, have you looked at the packaging or manufacturers website? 🤔

Kingfisher101

Über Member

Get to the Drs and get a mouthguard or an operation and pay for it, or go sleep elsewhere. Its ignorant and lazy just expecting a partner to put up with it.
Sleep deprivation can cause lots of problems. I couldn't sleep next to a snorer not even if they snored lightly.
I wouldn't sleep in a shared room now like in a YHA, I've done that before and had absolutely no sleep at all. I'd pay for a private room.

classic33

Leg End Member
Get to the Drs and get a mouthguard or an operation and pay for it, or go sleep elsewhere. Its ignorant and lazy just expecting a partner to put up with it.
Sleep deprivation can cause lots of problems. I couldn't sleep next to a snorer not even if they snored lightly.
I wouldn't sleep in a shared room now like in a YHA, I've done that before and had absolutely no sleep at all. I'd pay for a private room.
Those two aren't options for me.

Do you snore?

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Those two aren't options for me.

Do you snore?

No, but I'm a very light sleeper and I cant sleep if someone is snoring. Its unfair then to go to work etc or be on holiday without having any sleep at all. I wouldn't wear earplugs as the problem lies with the snorer. Therefore its for them to sort out.

Top Bottom