Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Charity

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Plastic recycling

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keep in case they enjoy a resurgence

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I burnt the ones I wanted to keep onto DVDs.
I've got a stack of 60 or so 3 & 4hr home recorded tapes which i'm keeping hold of with a view to seeing what's on them. That's a mammoth task.

There's a modest stack of ex-rentals in oversized boxes which i might put on ebay as some can be collectable.

The pre-recorded ones that are in the landfill/chazza/recycle pile I've pretty much got them all on DVD, so are of no use to me.

I have considered building a wall with them, but it would be a rather small wall :blush:

[edit] Are the results of CycleChat votes legally binding or just advisory?

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
If you could only get them into digital format. No worries then.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think we've got enough landfill.

The charity shops don't want them.

They can't go in my recycling bins.

so maybe something like....

2013-05-06-18-35-08.jpg

or even...

2d3523a19b27c64af5e2156d2999feae.jpg

...and the cases:

repurposed-vhs-tapes-cases-10.jpg

5cf4ebdd5556f176efbb3d75f611792c.jpg

Last edited:
I have all five seasons of Babylon 5 on VHS that still gets watched. Even though I've also got them on DVD... :laugh:

On a more practical note, a lot of the motor racing footage that I've accumulated over the years wasn't remastered and made available on DVD, so as it's stuff of sentimental value (and some is irreplaceable), I'm hanging on to it.

I've also bought the gizmos to copy VHS to DVD, so when I have some time, I'll get around to doing that.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
who even has a vhs player these days?

Me! It's just next to my PlayStation 2, although it's getting difficult to find the Videoplus numbers now

Given the way hipsters are falling over themselves to unearth old audio cassettes, it's only a matter of time before they start hunting out VHS tapes and something to play them on.

My original copy of Spice World (on the green video cassette) should fund my retirement.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Found stuff i recorded on vhs degraded in quality after maybe 15 years so unkess its sentimental or you can transfer them to dvd etc i would bin them

Top Bottom