What to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it's no skin off your nose, then change your route for a week or so. 13 year olds are fickle things and I suspect if he's a paper boy he's not a complete delinquent, just flexing his pubescent testosterone, he'll move on.

Having a word with the paper shop might have good results too. If it was my paper shop, I'd take him to task and make the consequences clear. Failing all that, getting chased by an angry big person should scare the beejeezus out of him and if all that fails, the police. I suspect even something as simple as stopping the bike and getting off would probably have the desired result but of course you want to avoid confontation.

Good luck with it Snapper, it's no fun having to face an unpleasant confrontation.

ThePainInSpain

Get yourself a cam and record the little scrote, then show it to the paper shop, then the old bill.

In the old days, before all this liberal crap ruined the country, you could have given him a thick ear, and if he told his Dad, he would give him another one............................oh! how I miss those times :boxing:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I suspect if he's a paper boy he's not a complete delinquent, just flexing his pubescent testosterone, he'll move on.

I'm pretty sure it's not the little twat's round - it's his mate's, the one that hasn't (yet) done anything. Hopefully he will get bored of helping his mate out and do one.

I'm going to do a different route for a few days. Trouble is, it will take me through a very dogdy area so could be a case of out of the frying pan! :ohmy:

I've had problems like this before when I was younger (but still in adulthood), started small then built up. These types of kids would never do it to some rough big bloke who they think would turn around and smack them one in the gob... they go for quiet types that won't do anything in return - usually for fear of retribution from the police etc.

Realistically "ignore them and they will go away" doesn't work - the only real way is to scare them shitless, turn on them... but it has to be good enough. If you only half arse it they will feel they have won and enjoy getting a rise out of you. Obviously this is hard without hitting them etc.

Although - if you think they are rough, the or area is... they might have friends, bigger friends.

Police won't do much, some kind of "victim log" etc. Even with a camera they're not do much due to the age.

You can always ask the police for advise...

I'm pretty sure it's not the little twat's round - it's his mate's, the one that hasn't (yet) done anything. Hopefully he will get bored of helping his mate out and do one.

I'm going to do a different route for a few days. Trouble is, it will take me through a very dogdy area so could be a case of out of the frying pan! :ohmy:

His mate, sorry missed that bit. Probably right then, he'll get bored. I used to follow a friend of mine around for a bit on a paper round, soon got bored, especially after I'd achieved the desired affect of getting his round when he went on holidays.

If it carries on Snapper, you have to do something else but try it and see. You could strap a Super Soaker water gun to your frame :smile:

perplexed

Guru
Talk to the shop.

Even if the paperboy himself isn't the perpatrator, the shop owner still isn't going to be happy about his shop and name being dragged into it, and the subsequent gypsies warning to his lad to ditch his "friend" may suffice.

If it then continues, revisit the shop and inform them that this time you want the parents to be involved, and if this doesn't occur you will contact the police, and will point them towards his shop.

I would have thought that that would do the trick.

Good luck!

buddha

Veteran
Two threads in a row about pesky kiddies :sad:

Anyway, to balance things a bit, I've had two recent 'encounters' with children.

The first (last week) a group of children walking in the road (country lane, no pavement and part of a scouts group I think) shout something at me as I approach a very large puddle. As they do, a 4x4 approaches fast and drenches them :biggrin:

Second was on Monday. Passing a school (in the bad-lands on New Addington, Sarf Lundun - init) 2 children on a fence shout an obscenity at me. I give them "the look", and one falls off, followed by the other :laugh: . I almost lost balance from laughing do hard!

Davidc

Guru
I think your intention is the best option Snapper. It's non-confrontational so doesn't even give the little idiot he satisfaction of a shouting match.

The option 1 route is still there if he's still around when you go back to the original route.

Pity it's illegal to get a medieval style steel tipped lance attached to the bike, or Boudica style knives on the axles (see statue in London) ...... but that's how it is.

mark barker

I assume this is in the afternoon? If so, they'll only be delivering one type of paper, so maybe a letter to the paper for their readers comments page would be an option. I'm sure the newspaper wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of behaviour, and they could well put pressure on the delivery agents to put a stop to it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Top Bottom