What to look for.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tango

I currently ride off road and on road, but work looks like it is gonna take me away a bit and sticking the orange or the galaxy on the car isn't an option, so I thought a folding bike in the boot makes sense.

Out visiting customers for a few days and staying in hotels, but wanting to do about 20 mies on road of an evening

Any advice on suitable second hand old be appreciated :smile:

alicat

Legendary Member
Airnimal Joey if your boot is big enough

seadragonpisces

Über Member
so many really, your question leaves a lot of choices. depends how much you want to spend, what you like the look of, what you want to use it for, how small you want it to fold. there are loads of makes to choose from, eg, Raleigh, Brompton, Dahon, Pacific, Airnimal, Birdy, Tern, Moulton etc etc. check on ebay and see whats in your locale within your price range, best option if you arent too bothered about the make of bike.

OP
OP
Tango

Tango

Thanks SDP if it had been a mountain bike I would have a good idea what I wanted, but with the folding bike I'm not so sure

I have a big car, but it is full of samples and demo kit and overnight bag, so I haven't much spare room

I would like something that I would look forward to doing 20 road miles on after I have arrived at a hotel in Canterbury, Sunderland, Edinburgh, etc

I do t want to but something that I don't look forward to using

seadragonpisces

Über Member
well maybe get a nice Dahon or a Tern if you dont want one too feminine looking, with 20'' wheels, you will feel a bit more manly, or maybe a Kansi folder, not bad looking bikes but also decent quality. good luck

Top Bottom