What to wear? Longs or warmers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Veteran
Posted this in General chat but may be better in here?

SlaavActive Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/gl6?day=1

Little Cotswold Sportive tomorrow - Santini Autumn CLassic.

Weather looking lovely for a change and cannot decide if it is Long Bib Tights, or warmers with normal bibs; not enough experience to know at this stage so any advice from 'hardened riders'? Starts at around 6C I think rising to 11 or 12C by the time we should ifnish the 100k route....

Just dont know how cold it is going to be on the bike at this time of year?

EAsiest is (I imagine) Longs with being warmer rather than colder but that obviously brings its own issues with fluid etc. HAve never used my sparkling brand new ASSOS leg warmers :smile:

HELP???? (please)​

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in long bibs with CC jersey for the Etape Pennines - starts at 2 degrees, supposed to go up to 10 max.

Edit - checked the weather forecast and it's sunny all day. Thermal bib shorts plus leg warmers.

OP
OP
S

Slaav

Veteran
I'm in long bibs with CC jersey for the Etape Pennines - starts at 2 degrees, supposed to go up to 10 max.

Edit - checked the weather forecast and it's sunny all day. Thermal bib shorts plus leg warmers.

oops - I forgot to report back and hopefully help others in a similar position....

For a change, I took advice and went for Bibs and leg warmers. Long sleeve windstopper Gore top (did get a glow on :smile:) and the warmers came off at half way; sunny and plenty warm enough. No cold knees etc.

Oh, and an Altura long sleeve baselayer which did the trick - it is one I have worn in the past and didnt want to try a new Skins baselayer I hadnt worn before... short sleeve would have been plenty at those temps :smile:

Top Bottom