What Track Would You Like To Hear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Son of a Gun - KMFDM

longers

Legendary Member
Ah, no thanks, got it - I meant a copy of the amazing mixmaster Perry's finished CD.

Next suggestion: Salve Mea - Faithless.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

longers said:
Ah, no thanks, got it - I meant a copy of the amazing mixmaster Perry's finished CD.

Next suggestion: Salve Mea - Faithless.

Thanks for all the suggestions, as you can see by the mad mix of Genres how hard it is to please a crowd at a party.

I will let everyone know when it's all done.

Mr Pig

Perry said:
as you can see by the mad mix of Genres how hard it is to please a crowd at a party.

No, it's really easy. You can't decide what you're going to play before hand, you need to go with the flow, or let other people pick the music and it'll sort itself out.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Is this a mix for dancing or background music for a dinner party? Most people seem to be suggested a sitting around, beard-stroking kind of event. For me, for dancing, you'd have to get things with groove, to get those lazy butts shaking whether they want to or not...

Green Onions - Booker T and the MGs - or indeed any dirty organ-driven RnB - though with the right armosphere this can turn a party very sleazy indeed (in a good way)
Move on Up - Curtis Mayfield
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Groove is in the Heart - Deelight
Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (Fatboy Slim remix) or Sleep on the Left Side...
Sureshot - Beastie Boys, and indeed some cheesy party hip hip - there is certainly nothing wrong with House of Pain's Jump Around if you want to see people dancing badly!
some serious proper ska (I mean the Jamaican stuff)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Flying_Monkey said:
Is this a mix for dancing or background music for a dinner party? Most people seem to be suggested a sitting around, beard-stroking kind of event. For me, for dancing, you'd have to get things with groove, to get those lazy butts shaking whether they want to or not...

Green Onions - Booker T and the MGs - or indeed any dirty organ-driven RnB - though with the right armosphere this can turn a party very sleazy indeed (in a good way)
Move on Up - Curtis Mayfield
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Groove is in the Heart - Deelight
Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (Fatboy Slim remix) or Sleep on the Left Side...
Sureshot - Beastie Boys, and indeed some cheesy party hip hip - there is certainly nothing wrong with House of Pain's Jump Around if you want to see people dancing badly!
some serious proper ska (I mean the Jamaican stuff)

Quality selection!

Some will go well, some will sound poop.

It's the case of One mans poision being another mans medicine.

By the strange selection, I think I will name it, Marmite.

With the question about Dance or Beard stroking - I don't know how it will sound in the end. We will have to wait and see.

Top Bottom