What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Netflix haven't put a foot wrong with their offerings of Marvel's Cinematic Universe yet, so I'm sure it'll be superb.

Next up is Luke Cage

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymw5uvViqPU

30th September :smile:

Is that the Jessica Jones spin off? I don't really pay attention to the 'Marvel Universe' and I still need to watch Jessica Jones.

D

Deleted member 23692

Is that the Jessica Jones spin off? I don't really pay attention to the 'Marvel Universe' and I still need to watch Jessica Jones.
Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are (or will be) members of 'The Defenders' and that's what these Netflix series are working towards.

We've already been introduced to Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Luke Cage will follow very soon with Iron Fist (2017) and finally the Defenders (2019)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSPda7xQ3s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASbrtTy4Ifk

Within that are further series of DD and JJ (3rd and 2nd respectively) and The Punisher spin off (2017)

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are (or will be) members of 'The Defenders' and that's what these Netflix series are working towards.

We've already been introduced to Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Luke Cage will follow very soon with Iron Fist (2017) and finally the Defenders (2019)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSPda7xQ3s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASbrtTy4Ifk

Within that are further series of DD and JJ (3rd and 2nd respectively) and The Punisher spin off (2017)

Ah, I see! Thanks for the explanation. I think a trip to Travelling Man or Forbidden Planet is on the cards this weekend!

If you've read the comics, is there a particular order you'd recommend reading the characters in?

D

Deleted member 23692

Ah, I see! Thanks for the explanation. I think a trip to Travelling Man or Forbidden Planet is on the cards this weekend!

If you've read the comics, is there a particular order you'd recommend reading the characters in?
Sorry I've really can't help you there as I've never read a comic in my life.
I'm a big fan of the Marvel's Cinematic Universe as it's just so well thought out, unlike DC's efforts which are piss poor by comparison

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Sorry I've really can't help you there as I've never read a comic in my life.
I'm a big fan of the Marvel's Cinematic Universe as it's just so well thought out, unlike DC's efforts which are piss poor by comparison

No problem!

I totally agree with you about DC. When Batman v Superman got announced all I could think was that someone was jealous of Marvel's success and fancied teaming all their dudes up.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Robot Wars returns this evening! I hope it's as much fun as it used to be, and with Dara O'Brien presenting there's a pretty good chance.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Fixing Dad - was on BBC2 on Sunday night, still available on the iPlayer. I've only managed to watch the first 20 minutes so far, but I can't recommend it highly enough

'When their dad Geoff was getting his affairs in order and the threat of diabetic foot amputation loomed, film-makers Anthony and Ian Whitington decided to step in. With their cameras holding him accountable for every aspect of his destructive lifestyle, they turn his stubborn resistance into iron resolve. As Geoff fought to regain his health amidst mounting complications, his sons battled against his years of poor diet, bad habits and ingrained negativity, with little more than hope and gritty determination to get them through, with the target of completing a 100 mile bike ride'.

D

Deleted member 23692

Robot Wars returns this evening! I hope it's as much fun as it used to be, and with Dara O'Brien presenting there's a pretty good chance.
It was great, with bigger and badder robots. I'm not a fan of that O'Briain chap, and luckily (for me) he didn't figure too much.

gaz71

Über Member
I watched the last ever episode of Banshee last night.Im gutted its finished as it was right up there with my favorite shows.I"d recommend this to anyone that likes gritty,brutal tv.

Tin Pot

Guru
Voyager on Netflix

It's like Sci Fi temazepam.

Never really enjoyed it when I was a kid, now it's good as a sleep substitute.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Voyager on Netflix

It's like Sci Fi temazepam.

Never really enjoyed it when I was a kid, now it's good as a sleep substitute.
I could never get stuck into Voyager, so eventually gave up on it. Deep Space Nine and Enterprise, on the other hand, are both excellent TV series.

Continuing on with the Star Trek, & curiously as it's just been mentioned

I re-watched two episodes of 'Enterprise' last night, it was the 2-parter ''In A Mirror, Darkly', with a mirror universe scenario

With regard to DS9 also being mentioned, I really enjoyed that series, maybe the setting made the difference?
It was nice for the cross-over characters too; O'Brien, Worf

However, I can't quite decide who is the man you'd follow anywhere
Jean-Luc Picard, or Ben Sisko?

After all, Ezri Dax told Sisko that he intimidated Worf, in one episode
I think Worf just respects Picard

Top Bottom