What watch??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simmo

Hi all, Iv been looking at getting a new watch for cycling and running, I know there's loads out there but would like some recommendations that might of been tried and tested. I was quite interested in the tom tom multi sport with built in HRM but for some reason I keep looking at garmins due to their reputation...any ideas?? Looking to keep it around £200-£250

Turbo

Clueless member
You can get decent polar watches with built in heart rate monitors for £50 give or take. £250 is a lot for a watch, personally I'd buy a £6 Casio and spend the rest on a GPS.

If you're budgeting that high then have a look at the Suunto Ambit range as they're excellent devices. I've had one for a couple of years and it's been problem-free, as have those of two people who've bought them having seen/used mine. I bought mine for mountaineering, where I'm quite keen on the reliability and robustness aspects.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
"What watch?" This question was answered in the movie "Casablanca". An elderly German couple waiting in the hotel lobby announce that they are practicing their English. The man asks his wife, "What watch?" and she looks at her wrist and proudly answers, "ONE WATCH!"

Last edited:

Hutch118

Have a look at Sunnto watches in that price range, they are excellent, but really anything between Garmin and Polar are very good as well.

wardy_uk

Some of the latest activity trackers look like they will make good alternatives... The latest top end fitbit has GPS/hrm built in, whilst the Garmin vivsmart is ant+ Enabled.

I use the Suunto ambit2 - it really is the dogs danglies, and I use it to track everything except day to day steps... The ambit3 is new out and by all accounts just as good... I mount mine on my handlebars when riding and it doubles as both my cycle computer and sat nav (although it only does breadcrumb routes, that's more than adequate IMO)

OP
OP
Simmo

Simmo

Thanks guys, someone recently told me to hold on as apple are bringing out a watch that does everything as do other smart watches.?... Iv been looking at the tom tom all sports with built in HRM (without chest strap) but the more I research the more I'm not bothered about if I have to wear a chest strap or not as long as it works well. The main thing is I want to be able to link it to strava.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Keep an eye on sweatshop and they often do promos on the Tom Tom with GPS and hrm. I stupidly waited to long on a pre xmas £80 deal, even though they had an extra 20% Day

MADNESS

Top Bottom