What we need....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..is a nice slope' of an Autumn, you know those calm end of Summer days when you can reflect back on those lovely summer eves (the endless rain etc but lets not be too negative :blush:)...to a crisp coldness the type that should be november / December etc..then an applicable whitish Xmas :ohmy: and the ramp up to next year, the April shower season in APRIL - not lasting ALL PH*#CKING SUMMER !!! and an above average general summer...:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh and it only rains of a night :ohmy:

Noodley

here's hoping yenners, here's hoping.

As I sit in my kitchen, in Suffolk supposedly the driest county in Britain the rain is coming down in buckets and this is August.

My wife said to me today "this weather is ridiculous" in a tone that suggested I should be able to do something about it, not sure what she had in mind , a letter perhaps.:blush:

Anyway it could be worse, I'm in the kitchen , my son and half a dozen of his friends are in a tent in the garden, not for long I suspect!! Could I suggest a fallback pastime for when cycling is out , walking or fishing perhaps as both are ok in the rain.
All the best

Noodley

Cycling is okay in the rain, perhaps not every bloody ride tho' :blush::ohmy:

(I still can't believe I had to buy waterproofs in Summer after managing to cycle through winter without them.)

I went into the local bike shop for some overshoes , no sorry we dont stock them in the summer, but you are the fifth person to ask today!!

No wonder the online shops do so well;)

col

Legendary Member
starseven said:
I went into the local bike shop for some overshoes , no sorry we dont stock them in the summer, but you are the fifth person to ask today!!

No wonder the online shops do so well;)

:blush::laugh:

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
Its only rain.

This was what I was thinking this afternoon after a half hour sat under a leaking tree watching the lane gradually fill with water. Skunk stripe and freezing feet is not good in August.

Sod being stoic - will someone please turn the bloody tap off.

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm keeping quiet as I can see the patience is wearing thin after such a bad summer, let's hope the term Indian Summer is soon appearing in the threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asterix

Comrade Member
- will someone please turn the bloody tap off.

Yes, before October, please, when I have to come back.. That's if the UK is still showing above water:ohmy:.

Top Bottom