What 650b wheels should I buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
I think you'll find they're pretty much essential on a bike :smile:

I agree with you there, but it depends on where I am going to ride. I was thinking of buying the wheels in case I was going to ride on road more than gravel. My cousin has got a road bike and I would like to ride with him on my gravel bike using smoother tyres so was thinking of buying some spare wheels for that. It'll be cheaper buying some SPD pedals and putting them on one of his road bikes.

The wheels on my bike now, have a tubeless set up so changing tyres wouldn't be an option either

Don’t know what the availability of Narrow 650b rims/wheels might be but you will struggle to find tyres less than 45c in that size. It’s a size originally introduced for mountain bikes but was also adopted by a few manufacturers for some gravel models.

MTBers adopted the 650B but it is an old French utility/touring fat tyre size that had a resurgence in the US boutique touring bike market.

Ajax Bay

Guru
MTBers adopted the 650B but it is an old French utility/touring fat tyre size that had a resurgence in the US boutique touring bike market.

The OP said he wasn't going to buy another set of wheels; 6 months ago!
Are you suggesting the only significant users of 650b wheels are USA 'boutique' touring bikes (whatever they are)?
https://sheldonbrown.com/650b.html
For @Cycleops The Conti 5000s in TR variety come in 30 and 32 flavours, to give one example of 'narrow' 650b tyres, and same for Schwalbe Pro One TL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom