What wheels?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickwood

Hi,

I'm upgrading to a new bike and am getting the Argon 18 Krypton frame. The guy building up the bike (on a budget!) has offered me 'mavic kyserium elites 09' but being a numpty I know nothing about wheels and wondered if these would be a good choice? Are there others worth considering at the same price bracket (£400)....fulcrum racing 3's? I'm tempted to just say yes as the guys got a really good reputation but feel a bit daft merely saying yes without doing any homework! :smile:

Any advice very welcome! I use my bike to commute, 15 miles, as well as days in the Peak District - if that helps?

Cheers

Mick

Basically You wan't either Aero or Lightweight wheels(or both - but that's expensive!). Both sets are non-aero and are reasonably light.

The Elites will be a good all-round wheel as will the Fulcrums(I wouldn't trust the quoted weights though) and there will be little between them. Although I personally find that the Campag(Fulcrum) wheels are better made.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
for that price you can just about afford some planet x pro carbon 50's,

great wheelsset that i know have for my madone,

the only problem with getting them is though they are tubs only :sad:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Have a look at the shimano rs80 £320 at ribble, nice wheels although the rims have carbon = light but will break if you crash ;)

Will1985

Über Member
Ksyriums and Fulcrum 3s are both good choices. It's a shame you can't really get the Fulcrums in red now as that would look pretty bling on an Argon 18.

OP
OP
M

mickwood

Tynan said:
sexy for commuting init?

Yep! :girl:

If I can't be then I'm gonna make the bike sexy! lol!!

Top Bottom