What, where, how much...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

need the tools to fit my new Campag groupset (when it arrives) going to need a BB cup spanner a cassette locking ring spanner and an 8mm(?) Allen key for the Crank/axle. Ultra Torque hollow axle jobbie.

Spoke(no pun intended) to LBS to see if there was a combo i.e. double ended spanner for the cups and the Lock ring, he's gonna see if he can source something, but not sure if such a tool exists, any thoughts?

as for the allen key, I can get one of those no problem, local car parts shop,

LBS was unable to price match for the gruppo, which was a shame, LBS reckoned he couldn't buy the set in for what Merlin were selling it for?!

domtyler

Über Member
Did you think about doing a deal with the LBS where they would also fit it for you as part of the bargain?

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

He couldn't come anywhere near the price, even taking into account the cost of the tools, which I'll need anyway for my other Campag stuff, what I might do is get him to quote me a fitting price, I wanted to do it myself, but I suppose I could let him do it for a price, but I still don't get the tools.;)

Will1985

Über Member
Out of interest Mortiroloboy, are you switching over from a standard BB? If so, are you going to face the sides of the shell? My plan over the winter will be pretty much the same as well as perhaps moving to a 10spd Veloce gruppo from 9spd Xenon and Bianchi chainset.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Outboard BB cups, I don't think there's any need to 'face' the shell, I never did it when I replaced my old Sora chainset on my Spesh allez, with the Tiagra hollowtech 2 which had outboard bearings. Personally I think your frame is going to have to be pretty shot if you need to be thinking about facing the BB shell.

Top Bottom