what would you do

so what would you do

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
i brought myself a disc cutter from e.bay for £400 and am very pleased with it . now 2 days later the company sent another by mistake so i have contacted them so they can sort it out and hopefully collect it . i have only paid for 1 of them .
now everyone at work says i should have just left it and if i did not hear from them sell it on . now surly that is theft . all i know is i can sleep with well at night

vickster

Legendary Member
You've done the right thing

Billy Wizz

Über Member
You may have done the right thing, but what about the person who processed the order, they might be out of work,

All things bright and beautiful.

I ordered a parcel box and received a trolley thing for a garage. Told the supplier who told me to keep it, then sent the parcel box the next day.

Good deeds can have rewards!:okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Many years ago Maz ordered me a walking jacket in red from Hawkshead, they sent a blue one which I didn't want so returned it and was refunded.
2 months later a red one arrived with no invoice so we rang em up and explained this and asked for a return slip (I'd got a different walking jacket from somewhere else by then) Next week a 2nd blue one was delivered so Maz duly rang them up to return it (we weren't going to pay the return postage) and whoever she spoke to said "Just keep them, I don't give a stuff"...............Mind you this was at the time that Hawkshead were being taken over by another company so the woman Maz spoke to may have been getting laid off.
I kept the jackets in their packaging for the best part of a year (so they could be returned) but never heard a thing so ended up with 2 £99.99 coats for free.

Tin Pot

Guru
i brought myself a disc cutter from e.bay for £400 and am very pleased with it . now 2 days later the company sent another by mistake so i have contacted them so they can sort it out and hopefully collect it . i have only paid for 1 of them .
now everyone at work says i should have just left it and if i did not hear from them sell it on . now surly that is theft . all i know is i can sleep with well at night

Not only did you do the right thing, you now have a better measure of the people you work with.

Top Bottom