What would you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Of course the thing to remember is that the person in front isn't much at risk, it's nearly always the person behind that goes down. This nutter must realise that, else he wouldn't have tried to crash you by emergency braking.

I would be tempted to play the following game, when he comes to a stop so do you, when he rides off you follow at a reasonable distance. When he gets home wait outside all night until he comes out and follow him everywhere he goes, always avoiding eye contact. Forever. That would teach him.

PrettyboyTim

Am I the only one who thinks you were out of order? All he did was stop in front of you and you start yelling at him? If he'd been the one posting here and you'd been in a car, everyone here would be leaping to his defense!

If someone is fast enough to hang onto my wheel when I'm making progress, I tend to assume they are either a club rider / very experienced. Then its all about slowly winding up the pace until they are barely hanging on, let them suffer for a bit, (using the time to start sucking huge lunfuls of air) then turn round and give them the 'ole Lance to Jan look and put the wind the pace up until they blow up and drop out of your draft :biggrin: :biggrin: If you can't drop them you've got a race on your hands.

bonj2

I can't be bothered to read this whole thread but I have to say that what I would probably have done is grab hold of his head by the front and back of his hair, lean forward, and bellow the chorus of "RELAX" down his earhole at full volume. :biggrin:

yenrod

At least Greeny was not RIGHT behind him sotospeak, though slamming the brakes on is 1st class stupid !

If it would have happened to me = depending on the mood, but generally put back on the them common sense that stopping like so' gets you (them) injured !

If people are soo bothered about being followed cause this is what if could be taken as then, I usually ride up beside them and start a convo...see what the vibe is and make decisions from there...

I recall getting on the wheel of some bloke (serious cyclist) in the summer 1 year, and once i'd gone passed him he just wouldn't budge (come past me) so I told him literally what the deal was...I ended up riding away from him but nearly blew up doing soo - :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bonj said:
I can't be bothered to read this whole thread but I have to say that what I would probably have done is grab hold of his head by the front and back of his hair, lean forward, and bellow the chorus of "RELAX" down his earhole at full volume. :biggrin:

Ah, the diplomatic approach...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
PrettyboyTim said:
Am I the only one who thinks you were out of order? All he did was stop in front of you and you start yelling at him? If he'd been the one posting here and you'd been in a car, everyone here would be leaping to his defense!

I think the problem was that the other cyclist did an emergency stop with the intention of trying to crash the OP. That's not nice, IMO.

Tetedelacourse

bonj said:

:biggrin:

When u wanna commmmmmmmeee...

Top Bottom