what3words satnav system.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Not specifically motoring, but has anyone had any experience with the above system and can give views / opinions as to it's reliability, efficiency etc., etc. please - ?
It appeared to autoload on the back of the Google satnav system when I downloaded that. :whistle:

I've got my home W3W coordinates etched into my headset top cap. Which doesn't answer your question I'm sorry.

It's utterly reliable and very accurate. We use it for sending our drivers to construction sites that aren't addresses yet. Whether it has or will ever have critical mass is another matter, but I've noticed it cropping up in an increasing number applications.

Hebe

getting better all the time
We all use it here, after trying to locate an injured child in woodland a couple of years back using something else. It’s proved very useful for less dramatic situations and works fine, was easy for Hebe Junior to use too, both in terms of navigating a location that we send, and accurately sending her location to us.

I like @mickle ‘s idea very much.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's utterly reliable and very accurate. We use it for sending our drivers to construction sites that aren't addresses yet. Whether it has or will ever have critical mass is another matter, but I've noticed it cropping up in an increasing number applications.

Its not as reliable as you think. I can’t find the recent report I saw about a mountain rescue which, although successful, was delayed by the use of W3W. The rescue team asked that people use a grid reference instead.

This is worth a read. https://cybergibbons.com/security-2/why-what3words-is-not-suitable-for-safety-critical-applications/

I do use it occasionally but only for trivial stuff.

Top Bottom