What'd It Be Worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd say a full service required. But a quick look reveals:
Brakes, barely work
Gears: Cables gone, front mech stuck
Tyres: Air at least required, possible replacement require for the front.
CAM00981.jpg

CAM00982.jpg

CAM00983.jpg

The diff under the flower display stand seems free enough. Rolls freely.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, bit of a white hefalump , probably cost a few hundred to build , but now it's up to whoever is interested enough to want it , lot of work ...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Looks like a Maxpro (the fact it has a diff suggests it is probably genuine rather than a Chinese copy) in which case it's a quality machine that would have been around £2500 to £3000 new.

Looks to have been pretty neglected though so difficult to judge a value. Maybe £500 to £800 to the right buyer.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Bought for use as an advertising trike. Been used for passenger carrying(have they still got the seat?), and now sits unused, with no-one using it.

Head badge has been removed, rivet holes and rivets visible close up.

Two hundred yards to the bike shop.

Seating was along these lines
SC11_V_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks like a Maxpro (the fact it has a diff suggests it is probably genuine rather than a Chinese copy) in which case it's a quality machine that would have been around £2500 to £3000 new.

Looks to have been pretty neglected though so difficult to judge a value. Maybe £500 to £800 to the right buyer.
What are they like in passenger use?

Edited to add
It's less than three years old, and doubtful if it's reached double figures in distance travelled.

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
What are they like in passenger use?

Edited to add
It's less than three years old, and doubtful if it's reached double figures in distance travelled.
Hard work but with the right gearing they'll take a bigger load than you might expect. Having the diff means it'll track straight regardless of road camber and be very manouvreable.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member

You were right about what it looks like. Seems they'd rather it rust away than sell it though.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
That's a shame.
It could be fun to ride, if I got it.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Started out something like this
bike-advertising-advertising-trike-tricycle-advertising.jpg_350x350.jpg

Went through being a rickshaw, but never ridden in the three years they've had it.

The advertising back went into the rubbish as did the rickshaw seating. I've been told it's no longer required and I want to get hold of it before it's dumped in the skip/rubbish.

Top Bottom