I normally bring clothes/ fresh towel in at the weekend as I have to come in to sort the IT systems.
As I cycle twice a week and walk twice a week leaving clothes / toiletries / breakfast cereals at work saves quite a bit of bulk in the rucksack.
Normally I carry my bike repair stuff - tyre levers/spare tubes/repair kit and pump in the back pouch.
In the zip section I have my mobile / wallet / keys.
In the main section I have my lunch in a tupperware box (salad stuff) or tin of soup (bit heavy though), kit kats, 2 apples, 1 banana (in a banana protector - brilliant gadget) and other bits I may need like magazines for lunchtimes etc.
my work is very cycle friendly we have several showers and a drying room, lockers, secure bike sheds, track pumps, puncture repair kits, and spare tubes should you be really stuck they also lend out lights and Abus D locks to staff on a long term loan i carry the suff i have listed because i work in a uniform and wear a clean shirt every day and also i like to be totally independant. the other thing is i cant carry a weeks supply of clothing in in one go as i dont have a car.
i know i am very lucky in what is offered to me because i cycle
It varies a little but a good commuting average is (in no particular order):
Laptop
Charger
Wallet full of 50 software CDs
Portable hard drive
Small IT toolkit
Small bottle of water
Change of clothes (shirt, socks, pants, tie)
Towel
2 x spare tubes
Multitool
mini pump
Lunchbox
Packet of biscuits
Lightweight jacket
Normally rack pack contains lock, pump, spare tube, tyre leavers, patches, small screwdriver, allen key, shirt and trousers, waterproof, windproof, phone, wallet and house keys
Waterproof over-trousers
Spare tube
P@@@@@@@ kit
Pump
Multitool
Lock ( frame mount is dodgy)
Head torch
Loads of AA rechargeables
Tyre levers
Mobile, sometimes
Reading glasses
Pen
Assorted junk.. loads of it
In addition tonight..
A4 sized piece of 12mm WBP plywood
Two Phillips screwdrivers
A small torpedo spirit level
A bubble level
An industrial hand stapler
A one litre tin of isopropyl alcohol solvent
A couple of waterproof marker pens
I guess I do collect a load of junk, but it always amazes me that the bike seems to handle OK, even if the guff is only in a single pannier. Weird that...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.