What's in your CD player / On your MP3 Player?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've just accidentally got into Jazz after listening to one of Mrs P's Ornette Coleman albums. So currently lots of Ornette, just getting into the late-period stuff, lots of Coltrane, just got some Albert Ayler: holy f*ck! It's like music, only better. Otherwise i've been listening to Townes Van Zandt a lot recently, and the Slits (how did I miss them first time around?).

gbb

Legendary Member
A mixture of,

Deftones..............White Pony
Devin Townsend....Ziltoid the Omniscient
Bjork....................Vespertine
Testament............Shades of War

Slim

Über Member
Ryan Adams - Esp' - Tina Toledo's Street Walking Blues, Rescue Blues.
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Taxman

Chuck Berry - Old Version of Route 66 - very laid back version

Loads of Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton (blues stuff), BB King, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Tricia Yearwood.

Slim

Über Member
palinurus said:
I've just accidentally got into Jazz after listening to one of Mrs P's Ornette Coleman albums. So currently lots of Ornette, just getting into the late-period stuff, lots of Coltrane, just got some Albert Ayler: holy f*ck! It's like music, only better.

Try some of the earlier Miles Davis - Kind of Blues IS classic. But the album that got me hooked on Jazz was Landscape by Art Pepper - bebop that swings!!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Slim said:
Try some of the earlier Miles Davis - Kind of Blues IS classic. But the album that got me hooked on Jazz was Landscape by Art Pepper - bebop that swings!!

I need tips right now, cheers!.

Abitrary

My todo list for next week, taken from my dictatable mobile phone.

And then mixed in with a slow gregorian chant

Brock

Byzantine at the moment.. rawk!

Top Bottom