What's it like in Suffolk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
I'm not sure about those commenting Suffolk has no hills - I have found some

The north east of Essex is nice too.

My folks moved to Witnesham, north of Ipswich, a few years ago and absolutely love it.
Witnesham doesn't actually contain any flat roads,it is probably the hilliest part of any ride that I do. America Hill is always a favourite, but short enough to be sprinted up http://www.strava.com/segments/1349220.

I have often considered just riding through Witnesham a number of times as the best hill training available in Suffolk.

Ganymede

Veteran
Suffolk is a lot drier than Cumbria. :bicycle:

I've played Ipswich a few times, nice theatre with really good management and good programming. Great bird-watching country all round the coast too. Quite a lot of interesting weave-your-own-hurdle types live in Suffolk - craft etc. which makes life interesting.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Really? That's some detour for a pint! Probably the best explanation of how we roll here in Suffolk. :smile: The Eels Foot at Eastbridge used to a great little boozer.

Yes, my sister and dad like to take me to the Eels Foot for a food stop while out walking their dogs (when I make it home).

A nice little place, to eat and walk around.

Last edited:

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Born and grew up in Suffolk, so a bit biased, but I now live in London and while London has its charms I would go back to Suffolk at the drop of a hat if I could (but work has me here in London).

Dunwich, Southwold, Felixstowe, Oulton Broad, Great Yarmouth, Aldeburgh, Walberswick, Thetford, Sudbury, etc...

Plus you can actually see the starts at night!

compo

Veteran
Dunwich, Southwold, Felixstowe, Oulton Broad, Great Yarmouth, Aldeburgh, Walberswick, Thetford, Sudbury, etc...

Sorry - these are in Norfolk. :whistle:

Ah, but they are such nice places they ought to be in Suffolk.

Top Bottom