What's it like in Suffolk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It was a poorly-remembered semi-fact from a half-cut conversation with a total-stranger many years ago. Otherwise known as a wiki-fact :smile:
Did he also say Suffolk was actually hillier than Scotland :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Firestorm

Veteran
If you want to avoid a shock dont look at property prices in Southwold
Ipswich is only just in suffolk so some of the nice places in Noth essex would not be too far.
Depends on how you would commute though

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Did he also say Suffolk was actually hillier than Scotland :smile:

Might have been the same person who told me that if you are in Ipswich you're further away from Cornwall than you are from Scotland. I told this to a fella playing in Cornish band once and he asked if I was some sort of clucking retard and got quite aggressive. Sucked for his bandmates though as I was the promoter that night and even although I still sorted out free rooms in the pub, a crate of beer, supper and breakfast I neglected to pay them as much as I was going to.

Hmm, I'm too nice.

mattobrien

Guru
Tractor boys, innit?

I can't read,
I can't write,
I drive a tractor,
In the middle of the night.
Nothing wrong with a good tractor, they're great for a draft in the summer months, it does wonders for the average speed.

To the OP, I do like Suffolk but why not come and try it out for a weekend. There are cheap hotels to be had and some lovely cycling roads. I am sure we could even organise a tour by bicycle too.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Nothing wrong with a good tractor, they're great for a draft in the summer months, it does wonders for the average speed.

To the OP, I do like Suffolk but why not come and try it out for a weekend. There are cheap hotels to be had and some lovely cycling roads. I am sure we could even organise a tour by bicycle too.
Make that plus three. Can't give a damn for the implied football reference - 22 overpaid egos supposedly entertaining a crowd of people with more money than sense IMO - but tractors are great to draft!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm not sure about those commenting Suffolk has no hills - I have found some

The north east of Essex is nice too.

My folks moved to Witnesham, north of Ipswich, a few years ago and absolutely love it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Make that plus three. Can't give a damn for the implied football reference - 22 overpaid egos supposedly entertaining a crowd of people with more money than sense IMO - but tractors are great to draft!

There's 22 players in a team? Goes to show what I know about the game. At my high school kids had favourite tractors instead of favourite teams, there use to be fights about whether Case was better than Massey Ferguson. I wrote a column about it for a zine once but can't find a copy online.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Probably one for @Andrew_Culture !
I'm considering applying for a job at the other end of the country, well Suffolk/Ipswich to be precise and I was wondering what people thought of the place.
What's it like for cycling? What are the people like (in general)? any places to avoid living in/around? Is there much work about in general (for the O.H.) I'll have a quick look at house prices - I'm expecting a (bad) shock!

I know it's hard to generalise but I'd be interested to know what you think.

So have we helped you? :smile:

Top Bottom