whats it worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red11

Hi all,
I have a 2008 De Rosa Idol for sale which I bought some time ago before I contracted Rhumatoid Arthritis.
I now have to let it go to a good home where it will get used.
Details are :-
De Rosa Idol,Black red/white frame set (full carbon)
Gears and brakes are Campag chorus (carbon cranks etc)
Wheels are Fulcrum Racing 1
Bars and stem are Deda (carbon)
Seat is Fizik and Spez (both included)
The bike is road ready as supplied only done about 60 miles from new (condition as new)
Please let me know what its worth as I have no ideal at all.

Andy

I haven't a clue TBH, but I did find THIS new frameset on eBay that might, (or might not) help you gauge a price.

OP
OP
R

red11

Pretty nice bike with good spec. Can't find any like it on the net though after a quick google. Frame seems to be out there though. Well reviewed too. What size frame?

Its 64cm from the center of the crank bearing to the top of the frame where the seat post slides in, but the de rosa has a very long seat post on the frame tube, if you look at the photo it can be cut down to suit.(it has not been cut yet),Some bikes are measured differently so be careful to consider this when asking for the frame size.

I am 5ft 11ins tall and have a 33 inch inside leg and it is perfect for me based on correct knee angle of around 15 degrees at extension.

the bike cost me in excess of £3300.00 GBP in 2008 and is as bought condition. I would be looking for no where near this amount now though.

Just want to see it go to someone who will use it to its full potential.

I have given you this information so you can see what level the spec of the bike is.

Its 64cm from the center of the crank bearing to the top of the frame where the seat post slides in, but the de rosa has a very long seat post on the frame tube, if you look at the photo it can be cut down to suit.(it has not been cut yet),Some bikes are measured differently so be careful to consider this when asking for the frame size.

I am 5ft 11ins tall and have a 33 inch inside leg and it is perfect for me based on correct knee angle of around 15 degrees at extension.

the bike cost me in excess of £3300.00 GBP in 2008 and is as bought condition. I would be looking for no where near this amount now though.

Just want to see it go to someone who will use it to its full potential.

I have given you this information so you can see what level the spec of the bike is.
You're right, that is an interesting way to size the bike. I too am 5'11. Do you have a photo or two of the bike as is? Do you have a price in mind? Thanks.

OP
OP
R

red11

You're right, that is an interesting way to size the bike. I too am 5'11. Do you have a photo or two of the bike as is? Do you have a price in mind? Thanks.
If you have a e mail address I can send you a pic from my Iphone looking for around 1200 ish
I will PM you my mobile no if I can

if its any use, I have a 2008 model Orbea Onix Giro, full carbon frame and fork, with Campag Chorus groupset and G3 wheels.. .paid £2300 new.... .LBS recommended I ride it more and said it wasn't worth them taking it to sell 2nd hand as its resale value is a pittance ! It's done less than 500 miles..... condition as new...... been parked up since I moved house, and personal circumstances mean I can't get out on it.....

berty bassett

Legendary Member
if its any use, I have a 2008 model Orbea Onix Giro, full carbon frame and fork, with Campag Chorus groupset and G3 wheels.. .paid £2300 new.... .LBS recommended I ride it more and said it wasn't worth them taking it to sell 2nd hand as its resale value is a pittance ! It's done less than 500 miles..... condition as new...... been parked up since I moved house, and personal circumstances mean I can't get out on it.....
what size is the frame on that ? what sort of price are you asking maybe interested if you still have it

berty bassett

Legendary Member
what size is the frame on that ? what sort of price are you asking maybe interested if you still have it
tried replying to email but said no such address ?? would have liked to find out more about bike but i think it would be too large for me if you are 5.11 as i am only 5.6-7 :sad:

Top Bottom