what's my bike worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
a few years ago when I was looking for a bike on ebay, they all seemed to cost a fortune. I have been thinking about selling my bike and had a quick look on ebay to get an idea of what it's worth, and it seems like secondhand bikes are worthless - I don't want to sell it for £100 as I might as well keep it!

It's a Specialized alu hybrid frame (warranty replacement) - the first one snapped!
Full Deore 9 speed groupset including hubs.
Mavic A719 rims with DT swiss spokes
Truvativ bars and stem
Zipp seatpost and charge spoon saddle
Continental tyres and tubes
odi lockon grips
SKS hybrid mudguards
All in very good condition
size XL in Black

vickster

Legendary Member
Couple of hundred maybe tops, depending on age and condition, less if alu rather than a carbon fork

That’s about what I got for a fast hybrid with hydraulic disc brakes recently (about what I paid)

Levo-Lon

Guru
I got £230 for this with mtb 9 speed running gear

1436695010135.jpg

NickNick

Photo will help.

That said if you want more you need to sell it as parts im afraid..

This, if you've got the time to do it, you can often get quite a bit more if you strip it down to the frame and sell everything individually. It is pretty time consuming though, the actual stripping of the bike isn't too bad, its the admin on your ebay account for listing all the items, dealing with all the questions, all the individual packaging...

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
the simplest thing is to list it and see if it sells. I'd like 300 but I think that's optimistic. The bike cost around 700 but to the untrained eye looks simialr to a 350 model
I guess 300 minus ebay fees is more like 255 so definitely don't want to ebay it for less than 300

chriscross1966

Über Member
Sorry to bear the bad news, but if you filter for recently sold then there are disc bikes and carbon fork Specialized hybrids that sold for 250 or so, calipers and metal forks are around 150 or so. Few bikes hold there value much... Moultons, Bromptons, old steel Bianchis... The problem is a s/h Specialized hybrid bought at this time of year is a winter pub bike, so you might as well buy a Halfraud BSO and abuse the warrantee...

It’s one of the main reasons I can’t be bothered to sell any of my bikes. It’s not worth the hassle. I just hang on to them, and rob bits off of Peter to pay Paul, so to speak, then bin any bits that are too knackered to use as spares.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's a crying shame people strip bikes down and sell it bit by bit .

Bad time of year to sell at mo but good time of year to pick up some bargains for sure

Try local Gumtree as no fee's apply

NickNick

Agree with all of this.

And second Gumtree. Or this forum. There's more than ebay for selling a bike.

I don't see it that way, I think it beats the bike just being abandoned in a garage/shed and never use again. Someone gets to buy the frame and have the joy of building up a new bike and all the other parts go to keeping a number of other bikes on the road and in decent operating condition.

Top Bottom