What's on the menu tonight then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Chicken, with pasta and pesto topped off with some broccoli.

I'm posting on this thread to register my gastronomic dissatisfaction with the crappy virgin trains microwaved panini and cup of tomato and basil soup which was my dinner this evening, somewhere between glasgow central and lockerbie.

I'm starving now, but it's too late to eat and I have to go and get some sleep <yawn>

EasyTom

I've just discovered pasta with sausage and fennel seeds - Yum yum! :biggrin: You fry sausage meat, add crushed fennel seeds, chilli and oregano after a bit some white wine + lemon juice, reduce, stir in some parmesan and mix with pasta (fusilli or something curly seems to work better than penne).

Abitrary

I have some chips left over from last night and am currently considering the posh restaurant favourite 'thrice fried chips'.

Abitrary

EasyTom said:
I've just discovered pasta with sausage and fennel seeds - Yum yum! :biggrin: You fry sausage meat, add crushed fennel seeds, chilli and oregano after a bit some white wine + lemon juice, reduce, stir in some parmesan and mix with pasta (fusilli or something curly seems to work better than penne).

Fusilli of course works better as an allround pasta and vehicle for sauce. If you keep penne reasonably horizontal, like it's supposed to be, then it can operate in exactly the same way.

Noodley

I was torn between cheese sandwich and left-over pie, so I combined the two and had a 'pie and cheese' sandwich :evil::becool:

gbb

Legendary Member
T'were bangers and mash :evil:
Lovely butchers made Lincolnshire sausages, done on the George Foreman grill (christ, see the fat come out...:sad:)
Mashed potatoes and peas....lashings of brown sause. :bicycle:

Top Bottom