What's on your Christmas list???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I KNOW it's a few months away, but my Mum asked me today what I wanted for Christmas! She then laughed at me that instead of last year's perfume and fabulous green lame heels (both of which I've thoroughly enjoyed wearing this year) I asked for a luminous yellow Altura waterproof and some padded shorts. I even suggested inner tubes as stocking fillers. It made me realise how much I've changed with my bike addiction this year. I'm also trying to work out who might be kind enough to give me yellow Ortleib panniers.

So what's everyone else asking for? Or am I just too early?

stevenb

I would like some Wiggle or Evans vouchers.....not sure if CRC do vouchers....then I can buy what I need at the time. :biggrin: Very unimaginative of me....:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A lot of the cycling stuff that I want, I need to to feel, research and choose myself and I find it a bit embarrasing being very specific as it means going online etc. It's easier asking for a book or cd etc,
My dear wife will get me whatever I want but that feels not spontaneous enough so I go for serendipity and hope for the best and buy the things I want myself.
I think I prefer unexpected, inexpensive stuff at Christmas

Well, I just got home tonight, riding on new Conti gatorskins with Koolstop salmon brake pads and 'the Altura nightvision' was there in a big envelope...the shoe covers and hat from Aldi, the waterproof trousers, bib longs (well, bib7/8ths as they fall a bit short...:biggrin: ) So. All I want for christmas is a load of foul weather!
Today, rolling through London, it did make me think that I should like to have a toffee hammer or similar in my hand to 'ping' the windows of idiots using phones whilst driving their cars - pathetic. These things always bring out the worst in me :biggrin:
So maybe a toffee hammer to go with the foul weather? :biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke

I have already got just about everything I actually need in this world, and this year I got more...I started to get back my health and some sanity I think. So this year I wont ask for anything ...except a new Bianchi:biggrin:

Abitrary

An apology from God.

For letting me realise there was no Santa from the age of about 4.

But letting me think that bats only lived in transylvania till i was in my early 20s

We don't do presents in our family these days (except for the ever increasing number of small children in the family). Instead, everyone buys three presents for a maximum of fifteen quid in total, then we put them all in a big pile, sit round them in a circle and roll dice to see who gets what. Double six means "take one present from everyone in the room", ten means "choose a present from someone", seven means "everyone pass all their presents one place to the left" and so on. Sounds dull but it's actually lots of fun!

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
An apology from God.

For letting me realise there was no Santa from the age of about 4.

But letting me think that bats only lived in transylvania till i was in my early 20s

Four?I didnt twig till i was seven,it was the boinging noise i heard on christmas eve,then next morning i realised it was a toy cannon,that fired tennis sized balls.my dad and his mates were having a competition.
As for presents,my wife and son keep things a surprise till the big day,as we all do,but my wife and i open one each at midnight.The big boy toyish the better for me,Anything to do with cycling(of course) painting(watercolour) astronomy.Im a big kid when it comes to christmas,love it.:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd quite like it if me, Mum, sis/bro-in-law and nephew were all together. But I don't know what sis's plans are, and if they'd rather have relaxed first baby Christmas on their own, I guess it'll just be me and Mum.

Don't much care about things. Can never think of anything specific that's suitable to ask for. Prefer nice suprises.

Top Bottom