What's Shaken Shaky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeggers

Why is is that someone who was sh1t in the 80's is suddenly cool now?

Does that mean Im due to become cool in about 12 months time? ;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
You should never meet your heroes they always let you down.

He just sounds like a bitter and grumpy old twit who has accepted the Glastonbury gig without realising, or maybe only just, that he is the 'novelty' artist on the bill. A space usually filled with the likes of Rolf Harris etc.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
tdr1nka said:
You should never meet your heroes they always let you down.

He just sounds like a bitter and grumpy old twit who has accepted the Glastonbury gig without realising, or maybe only just, that he is the 'novelty' artist on the bill. A space usually filled with the likes of Rolf Harris etc.

Not all of them - I met two of my heroes in 2006 and they were great. One was as shy as he'd always been, the other as mad and friendly as he was reported to be. Probably not many on here will know who they are - John Lees and Woolly Wolstenholme of Barclay James Harvest.

Abitrary

I remember when Viz interviewed shaky, his favorite colour was blue and his favorite food was clams and gravy.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
goo_mason said:
Not all of them - I met two of my heroes in 2006 and they were great. One was as shy as he'd always been, the other as mad and friendly as he was reported to be. Probably not many on here will know who they are - John Lees and Woolly Wolstenholme of Barclay James Harvest.

Ok then, maybe not all of them then.
In fact I had a very favourable encounters of my own with Steve Hackett(prv.Genesis) and on another occasion, Mike Heron(The Incredible String Band). Both lovely chaps.:biggrin:

If you read the story he comes across as a bit of an peanut as well. Still that could just be journalistic spin.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
One can see why he'd like to be known for more than just the 80's teeny bop pop idol. It was nearly 30 years ago and I'll bet every other interview tries the nostaglia line rather than focusing on his career from then until now.

I hear that Paul Young, from the same era, HATES the song 'Toast' that he recorded with 'The Street Band' just prior to his solo fame.
To add insult to injury, in America where 'Toast' was a hit, Mr. Young will still gets audiences shouting requests and throwing 'live' toast on stage in homage. He can get quite huffy apparently.

longers

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
I hear that Paul Young, from the same era, HATES the song 'Toast' that he recorded with 'The Street Band' just prior to his solo fame.
To add insult to injury, in America where 'Toast' was a hit, Mr. Young will still gets audiences shouting requests and throwing 'live' toast on stage in homage. He can get quite huffy apparently.

Crumbs :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I was quite taken aback by that report, he may well have moved on in his career and taken a different direction in what he performs but the likes of the Julie lady helped to make him in the first place and he should acknowledge that fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom