What's the best decongestant?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I've just got a pack of actifed, a bottle of olbas oil, 3 more boxes of ultra balm and an 8 pack of ultra balm with menthol! Hopefully that'll keep me going until tomorrow! My eyes were streaming so much walking back from town, I could hardly see!

I also got some fruit, wispa bars and soreen...all the necessities of life!

MikeW-71

Veteran
I usually take ibuprofen and use Olbas Oil. A few drops on a hanky and have regular sniffs, a few drops on the edge of the pillow at night helps get to sleep.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've just got a pack of actifed, a bottle of olbas oil, 3 more boxes of ultra balm and an 8 pack of ultra balm with menthol! Hopefully that'll keep me going until tomorrow! My eyes were streaming so much walking back from town, I could hardly see!

I also got some fruit, wispa bars and soreen...all the necessities of life!
Have you tried medicinal whisky?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I don't know, but I wanrted to join in and say that I've had a terrible viral chesty cough and snot for EIGHT days now.

Started with a headache that then progressed to feeling generally poo with paroxymal coughing accompanied by copious volumes of yellow snot. Have hardly slept a wink, OH moved into the spare room last night.

I am so desperate that I've sent the OH to get some Vicks Vapour Rub so I can try the Vicks on feet cure that I've read about on the interwebs. I'm usually very scornfull of such nonsense, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
All my friends laugh at me and call me a shamen when i tell them this but it works i promise.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I had a look at this http://www.wikihow.com/Decongest-Your-Nose and it all seemed sensible until they suggested this!
629px-Decongest-Your-Nose-Step-2Bullet3.jpg
Yes, I can't see how getting a few arm tattoos and depilating your armpit will help at all! :headshake:

Sara_H

Guru
It ddidn't work :tired:

Time for home remedies.. ;)

Stay off dairy all day.
Antihistamine
Large hot toddy before bed. (Lots of fresh lemon juice, generous amount of whisky, honey to taste, then to up with near boiling water in a point glass).

You should feel better even if you don't sleep!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I seem to now just be utterly bunged up rather than streaming....nice xx(

Do a feel a bit better so hopefully it's on its way...although that could be the lemsip I had 45 minutes ago

Going to have a bath, need to figure out the best way to get in and out without kneeling on my chopped knee and putting too much weight through my tendonitised hand! :wacko:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
For clearing out all the 'gunk' after a cold nothing beats a medium hot curry, but at home and with a big box of tissues handy.
The chilli, ginger and garlic are in a lot of 'home remedies' so have them all together in a tasty meal. :hungry:

Sara_H

Guru
Time for home remedies.. ;)

Stay off dairy all day.
Antihistamine
Large hot toddy before bed. (Lots of fresh lemon juice, generous amount of whisky, honey to taste, then to up with near boiling water in a point glass).

You should feel better even if you don't sleep!
OH has just been sent out for some piriton as ours expired 2 years ago! Have failed on the dairy products front already having had milk in coffee etc.

Sara_H

Guru
I seem to now just be utterly bunged up rather than streaming....nice xx(

Do a feel a bit better so hopefully it's on its way...although that could be the lemsip I had 45 minutes ago

Going to have a bath, need to figure out the best way to get in and out without kneeling on my chopped knee and putting too much weight through my tendonitised hand! :wacko:
Also wrk out how you're going to get out, before you get in - that could be an embarrassing call for help otherwise!

Top Bottom