Whats the best metal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ah I see. Were the pedals made out of toast and dual sided then, butter one side, not butter the other side? Toast could roll up into tubes about the right size when you think of home made hot dogs. Not sure the sponge would work. Perhaps that'd be for the saddle.

buddha

Veteran
mimetic polyalloy

hubgearfreak

Über Member
marinyork said:
Anyone know what materials some of the early proto-bikes were made out of?

we call handlebars handlebars and not handletubes for a reason...so they might have been heavier

and raleigh advertised themselves as the all steel bike for a generation...because their competitors did use cast iron lugs...i can't prove that, but it's in my head for some reason?:angry::becool:

bonj2

miloat said:
Im sure there was a magnesium bike.

I think mickle's got a magnesium bike. Some parts of bikes are made out of magnesium, e.g. suspension fork parts, pedal axles.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
they certainly existed. i didn't like the one i rode and they soon died a death commercially

Veloculture1b.jpg

Rob S

It's titanium, obviously!!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Silver - it's the best electrical conductor, it doesn't tarnish (except in polluted atmospheres) and it has antiseptic qualities. That's no doubt why you need silver bullets to kill werewolves.

Graham O

bonj said:
It would be VERY heavy, and not at all stiff - so if you made it thin enough to be light enough to be possible to pedal it along then it would probably flex quite a bit. It probably wouldn't break though.

That magnified even more, like 100x, would be a solid GOLD bike. In fact that would probably bend like a warm chocolate bar as soon as you got on it.

I think that cast iron would be very stiff, give a very hard ride and being brittle, it could easily break.

Trillian

Yellow Fang said:
Silver - it's the best electrical conductor, it doesn't tarnish (except in polluted atmospheres) and it has antiseptic qualities. That's no doubt why you need silver bullets to kill werewolves.

how come gold and copper are used for circuit boards then?

well, copper is used for cables due to cost compared to gold i guess.

Top Bottom