What's the biggest breed of dog in the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

It has got to be Camila.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Depends if you mean tallest, heaviest etc.

Was it smooth haired, or rough, pointy faced or flat faced?

Tallest. It was smooth haired with a big face. A bit like, and no disrespect here, Jo Brand. Seeing the website quoted above, I'm prepared to believe it was a Great Dane as when it stood on its hind legs, it was easily 7 foot tall. Of course it depended on the guy on the other end of the lead to give it perspective and how tall he was but he was a full grown man and it towered over him. I thought it was almost the equivalent of having a tiger loose on the street. Mind you, it wouldn't have lasted long in that part of Manchester!

*(_Jordan_)*

PaulB said:
Because today I saw what was easily the biggest dog I've ever laid my eyes on. It was ENORMOUS! It was on a lead being walked down Cheetham Hill Road in Manchester and was that big, the owner could quite easily have put a saddle on its back and ridden in home as it was as big as a reasonable-sized horse! It was quite a lean dog, white with a couple of darker patches on its body and a big slobbery face and the guy on the other side of the lead looked a bit dodgy; you know, a "big hard dog" kind of person. It also wasn't that well behaved as it stood up on its hind legs and put its paws on the shoulders of the guy walking it who looked quite scared of it and its power. I was very glad I was in a car as this monstrous thing did not look under control at all. I'm also glad I didn't have to find the money to pay for its food as not only did it look like a horse, it also looked like it could eat like one as well. So, anyone know what is the world's biggest breed of dog?

Was It A Neapolitan Mastiff???

Lisa21

Mooching.............
If it resembled Jo Brand Id be inclined to say Mastiff.

With piles.

Chewing a wasp.

While sitting on a nettle.

:biggrin:

What you saw sounds like a Dane to me tho-harlequins can be mostly white every now&again and they are huge dogs when they go up:biggrin:

Top Bottom