What's the hardest part of cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I have on a few occasions cycled when I was completely pished, that was very hard.

But cycling when drunk is surely easier than walking along with ones bike when drunk.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That is what mud guards are for. The it is a non issue.
No clearance for guards on this,

DSCN0055.JPG

simongt

Guru
But cycling when drunk is surely easier than walking along with ones bike when drunk.
Many years ago, I was cycling home late one night rather worse for the drink. At a wee crossroads, I decided that I wasn't going to bother stopping at the give way lines. Carried on and nearly ran down a cycling gentleman of the local constabulary - ! :eek:
He yelled 'Oi, yew, come back 'ere - !' Did I 'Go back there' you wonder - ?
Wobbly to disappeared in about two seconds flat - ! :laugh:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
If you drink a lot and ride home, it is fun to weave in and out of the dashed lines in the middle of the road. Apparently :whistle:

The financial and custodial penalties for drunk cycling are, IIRC, the same as for drunk driving (except you can't lose your driving licence, if you have one). I doubt many people have ever been convicted.

Thomson

For me it is finding the time. Luck I have a little commute everyday but have to think positive I will get out at nights in the summer.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If you drink a lot and ride home, it is fun to weave in and out of the dashed lines in the middle of the road. Apparently :whistle:

The financial and custodial penalties for drunk cycling are, IIRC, the same as for drunk driving (except you can't lose your driving licence, if you have one). I doubt many people have ever been convicted.
I have, £40 fine in around 2010. :cheers:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Might have been worth it if they gave you and the bike a lift home!
I was knocked off and laying unconscious in the road, apparently they thought I'd been drinking when the reality was I was on my way to work (12-8am nightshift) It was a Monday so I was pretty hungover and a bit incoherent when the coppers arrived (maybe cos I'd just 'come round' when they got there)
I did think about attending Court to plead my innocence but that would have involved calling a Sargent that he was a liar and a lazy arse (they never did find the car that hit me) so it was a 'head down' guilty by post jobbie. :sad:

Top Bottom