What's the name for this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 121159
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121159

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

So the situation I've tried to illustrate happened a few times recently. Interestingly, rather than the usual, sorry didn't see ya, drivers were instead defiant and said they saw me so it was not an issue. What they mean is they left room for me so they can join the road even though I'm there. This is of course not OK, but even if they thought that, there's no way for the cyclist to know what their intentions are! Is there a name for this piece of poor driving?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Called YISY (yes I saw you) but IDGAF

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

I find this more psychologically damaging because there's 'gaslighting' involved. They're saying that nothing ever was wrong, I'm just reacting hysterically. Anyway I'm pleased with myself for being able to stay relatively composed.

Alex321

Veteran
In what way does
What they mean is they left room for me so they can join the road even though I'm there. This is of course not OK, but even if they thought that, there's no way for the cyclist to know what their intentions are! Is there a name for this piece of poor driving?

mean
If they saw you then it's called attempted murder.

Or
Yeah, it's a SEAM.

Self Entitled Attempted Murder.

I encounter it fairly regularly, alas. Some drivers think rules simply don't apply to them in the case of interactions with cyclists, who should simply get out of their way or take the consequence.

It is certainly inconsiderate driving, and as such falls under section 3 of the Road Traffic Act, but if leaving room for the cyclist it certainly isn't any form of attempted murder.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

In what way does

mean

Or

It is certainly inconsiderate driving, and as such falls under section 3 of the Road Traffic Act, but if leaving room for the cyclist it certainly isn't any form of attempted murder.

I guess you're right that they didn't have murderous intentions. The taxi driver chap wouldn't admit he was in the wrong, insisting that it was fine as he left me room. I gave up, shook my head and left as clearly he wasn't able, at that moment anyway, to perspective switch and see the road from the cyclist's point of view when cars suddenly emerge out of junctions unexpectedly. I had to maintain a central position as there were parked cars on the left so it wasn't even true anyway that he left me enough room.

Top Bottom