What's the Postie brought you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buck

Guru
A new Park Tools chain cleaner - replaced under warranty* without any quibbles by Chain Reaction Cycles - great service :okay:

* first one had a crack where the hinge clip is secured to the plastic body

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A new lid because I hate the old one. The new one is a prowell F59 . Hoping that less is more and I might wear it a bit more often, well at least when I'm on main roads that is.
20160815_142737.jpg

Nibor

Bewildered
I'm not exactly a lightweight though and the 8.0 previous biggest sail just seemed a bit underpowered in some the almost non-existent winds when I've been able to get out.. Was the biggest I could find to get on the 490 mast and the boom I already have, and only 0.5 smaller than the one that was on the Phantom class dinghy I used to have
The biggest I ever used was 6.5m but I didn't get that good and can imagine it would be as big as possible in the very light winds.

Not postie but hopefully Parcelfarce will be delivering these today;

wheel2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

Fitted with these:becool:;

fmb.jpg

Will see how they look before deciding if I'll de-sticker them.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not today, but while I was away, the postie brought my package from Kentucky - the fulfillment of a 30 year longing.

Back in the day I bought my sister a very expensive photographic book for her 18th. Ever since I've wished I'd kept it for myself! I've had a search on ebay for a couple of years now, but they always went for well over £100 - out of my bracket.

A few weeks back I saw one listed, excellent condition and signed by the photographer. I thought 'that'll go for £500+', logged a snipe bid for a stupidly low figure, and forgot all about it. To my amazement, I got an email three weeks later saying I'd won it!

It's a big volume of b/w portraits of drifters, truck drivers, slaughterhouse workers and waitresses from the endless empty regions of the western United States - Nevada, Montana, places like that. Blank, simple, WYSIWYG. It's just as good as I remember it...

425335431_116134.jpg

425414778_58775.jpg

425701007_59742.jpg

425702824_57847.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Is that the Richard Avedon book?
Sorry, I should've said...

425402602_58985.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We got a card from a carrier informing us that a package was at Number 70. Nobody knows what it might be. The owner of Number 70 seems to be away, and the shutters are closed.

I have a First World Problem.

Not postie but hopefully Parcelfarce will be delivering these today

Will see how they look before deciding if I'll de-sticker them.

And here they are on the bike(quick phone pic);

:becool:
IMG_20160816_191651249.jpg

Guy forgot to put the pads in but as he threw in a spare Tufo tub and sealant I'll not quibble;will get some lifeline pads from Wiggle which are supposed to be as good as all the 'posh' ones.

Top Bottom