What's the sentence gonna be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Murder = Intent to kill.

I doubt you would be able to prove the intent in this case going by what little we know.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
HLaB said:
IMO if you hit some one once or twice with a plank maybe they are just trying to knock somebody out but hitting repeatedly is murder.
Only if you hit them repeatedly with the intention of killing them.

Cab

swee said:
No one said otherwise; the thing is, the guy seems to have admitted doing it. You don't hit someone over the head with a plank without the intent to kill them or, if you do, then you need to be put away in a place where you can't be so stupid ever again. So the CPS need to make damned sure they persue a murder charge.

Tynan

Veteran
'You don't hit someone over the head with a plank without the intent to kill them'

yeah, whatever, does saying it over and over again make it true?

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I (think I) see where the distinction is, though it's certainly arguable. If I picked up a gun and aimed at someone's leg and not with the intent to kill them, pulled the trigger but I was a bad shot and got them in the head instead, would that be manslaughter or murder? I'm guessing it would be murder. I've got to think that not only intent but the context of what is likely to happen should be considered.

I do believe hitting someone in the head with a heavy plank of wood -though perhaps not with the intent to kill them -should be classified as murder as I have to believe the assailant would realize that it is not out of this world they could kill someone with this deliberate and planned action.

Regardless, a sad situation. Certainly saddest from the victim and family point of view (bet they'd want him to be charged and successfully prosecuted with murder I'll bet), and sad from the point of view that this kid even did this action in the first place and is probably going to be out in society again. I wonder what the possibility will be of him having true remorse and a conviction to change his life hence forth?

If you pick up a plank of wood and beat someone around the head with the intent of killing them you can still be prosecuted for Manslaughter

But if you leave home with the plank of wood and go and find the person with the intent of killing someone its Murder

Simon

Cab

Tynan said:
'You don't hit someone over the head with a plank without the intent to kill them'

yeah, whatever, does saying it over and over again make it true?

Splitting a sentence half way through and just answering half the point is cheap, tacky, and basically ignorant.

simonali

Guru
Cunobelin said:
Slightly different, but equally tragic in its outcome:

Dropping a 44 lb breeze block on to a lorry killing the driver gets you 40 months!

I can't open that link for some reason, as it causes Firefox to crash, but I saw it in the paper. That ugly, spotty, baseball-capped little scrote deserves nothing less than a lethal injection and one can only pray that he gets bummed senseless every day that he's in whatever detention centre is unlucky enough to get the little piece of shoot!

simonali said:
I can't open that link for some reason, as it causes Firefox to crash, but I saw it in the paper. That ugly, spotty, baseball-capped little scrote deserves nothing less than a lethal injection and one can only pray that he gets bummed senseless every day that he's in whatever detention centre is unlucky enough to get the little piece of shoot!

Google "Dean Ingram"

ingram_280x390_433251a.jpg

Note how remorseful he is!

Tynan

Veteran
Cab said:
Splitting a sentence half way through and just answering half the point is cheap, tacky, and basically ignorant.

that was your point and I've quoted it and addressed it, the second part doesn't change the context of the first part

as for ignorant and cheap and tacky, you seem to be getting hissy and personal, real class

Cab

Tynan said:
that was your point and I've quoted it and addressed it, the second part doesn't change the context of the first part

as for ignorant and cheap and tacky, you seem to be getting hissy and personal, real class

You cut the sentence half way through to change the context and intention of what I said. Its despicable and pathetic.

Tynan

Veteran
repeating myself now, but no I didn't, explain how I did

and why not try to do it without being insulting and personal?

dare you

Top Bottom