What's the tool called

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is it a chain whip you're thinking of?

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Sorry, should have more specific....rear cassette and it's an 2011 rockhopper sl

Mile195

Veteran
Also, don't forget that you will need a torque wrench when you come to put the new cassette on. If you're unfamiliar with these, they have a selectable dial that causes the wrench to "click" when the correct amount of torque is applied to the lockring (that is, the amount of "pressure" applied to tighten it up). From memory, Shimano 105 lockrings are supposed to be tightened to 42Nm, or something around that amount.

lejogger

Guru
Also, don't forget that you will need a torque wrench when you come to put the new cassette on. If you're unfamiliar with these, they have a selectable dial that causes the wrench to "click" when the correct amount of torque is applied to the lockring (that is, the amount of "pressure" applied to tighten it up). From memory, Shimano 105 lockrings are supposed to be tightened to 42Nm, or something around that amount.

Need is a strong word :smile:
I just tighten until it feels right!

VamP

Banned
Cassette tightening is one of the areas that you really don't need a torque wrench for. 40 nm is efffing tight. You'd have to deliberately want to destroy the wheel if you tightened much harder than that.

I have two torque wrenches, but they only ever really come out when tightening delicate carbon bits.

OP
OP
S

Stu9

Thanks....I've got 2 torque wrenches and use them on the bike and car but wouldn't use it in hurry on the pushbike, I watched a few vids on online and simple enough, just need the tools to get out off

Top Bottom