What's this anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
AH yes , I can see that's what it says now , couldn't see for looking ! What do we think of it ? Worth messing with ? How old ?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Pretty decent bike in that time, well made. They were also making some of the Schwinn "World" line at the time. They had a good reputation for providing value for money. May not have been the lightest bikes out there, but definitely sound and well made. They made a lot of flat bar road bikes at the time, but that stem and handlebar combo look a little different . Stem shifters just do not seem right, but that should be easy to change out. I cannot make out the model name, but it looks good, esp for the price.

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
Aghhh .What to do ?? i love an interesting old thing , but i'm bidding on a rather interesting old Raleigh at the moment . If i loose that i might go round and offer a nice crisp 20 quid note for it !:wacko:
Ps , been mountain biking on the new Boardman , stopped in the mobility shop on the way and bought a couple of back belts ( me and the old man )
Feel like i should go back for a couple of wheel chairs tonight !

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
O'k , so the Raleigh went higher than i wanted to go , so now i'm i love with this thing again ( fickle , me ! ) How would we describe it ? , Early mountain bike ? Hybrid ( did that word even exist back then ? ) Town bike , commuter ? Does it even need pigeon holing !! Should i just buy it and rid it to work ?

Top Bottom