Whats this Battaglin Trieste worth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
Tried to find a whats it worth thread to no avail...apologies if there is one! Campag Centaur running gear, Veloce brakes, Battaglin Ambrosio wheels, carbon fork, 7003 alloy Deccadai frame. Ignore scruffy saddle and tyres!
100_1640.JPG
100_1641.JPG
100_1642.JPG
100_1643.JPG

vickster

Legendary Member
@biggs682 might have an opinion?

Can’t imagine much more than a couple of hundred tops?

Anything similar been sold on fleabay?

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Budget frame/forks from a PlanetX owned brand. Campag stuff's slightly old as well. Zoom components (stem, saddle?) aren't exactly expensive.

£100-120 imo
The Zoom stem is not original (as you know), the saddle is just because I have not put a decent one on yet! I'm assuming the bike dates from early 2000 and the Campag components still look nice.....plus they work fine.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Agree I don't think the frame is great, nice colours though which helps.

Although its 'only' Centaur that groupset is decent. In fact if those shifters are the Ultra-shift version (that can do multiple up and down shifts in a single finger/thumb movement) they are great. Someone will snap those up, probs get £50 just for them. They are heavy compared to the Chorus and Record versions, but they have a really solid mechanical feel to the gear changes that I actually prefer to the Chorus and Record.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Agree I don't think the frame is great, nice colours though which helps.

Although its 'only' Centaur that groupset is decent. In fact if those shifters are the Ultra-shift version (that can do multiple up and down shifts in a single finger/thumb movement) they are great. Someone will snap those up, probs get £50 just for them. They are heavy compared to the Chorus and Record versions, but they have a really solid mechanical feel to the gear changes that I actually prefer to the Chorus and Record.
They are the multiple shift ones, caught me out a bit on my first change. The bike is reasonably light (but compared to a Raleigh Airlite 200 I suppose it would be!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Budget frame/forks from a PlanetX owned brand. Campag stuff's slightly old as well. Zoom components (stem, saddle?) aren't exactly expensive.

£100-120 imo

Not sure they were owned by Planet x at the time this was made

dedacciai tube set so not too shabby

i tend to agree with @DCLane re value @brucers its one of those older bikes that is in my mind better value than one of the new lower price offerings from the likes of Carrera etc etc

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Not sure they were owned by Planet x at the time this was made

dedacciai tube set so not too shabby

i tend to agree with @DCLane re value @brucers its one of those older bikes that is in my mind better value than one of the new lower price offerings from the likes of Carrera etc etc
Ok, looks like the Deccadai and multiple shifters are my best selling point.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
If selling as a complete bike I would make it look more like it hangs together.

Two matching black tyres, a black stem, and black bar tape would improve the appearance a lot for not a lot of money.

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Agree, who thought that stem was a good idea? I'm sure its marketed as bronze or gold, but seriously come on, its brown isn't it, and looks grim.

It is doing the complete opposite of the rug in 'the Big Lebowski' that 'really tied the room together' ^_^

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Agree, that's why I said ignore tyres and saddle. I cannot loosen the bolts on the stem so am stuck with it!

If selling as a complete bike I would make it look more like it hangs together.

Two matching black tyres, a black stem, and black bar tape would improve the appearance a lot for not a lot of money.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Not guilty and what's more I cannot loosen the clamp bolts. Grim gold sounds about right.

Agree, who thought that stem was a good idea? I'm sure its marketed as bronze or gold, but seriously come on, its brown isn't it, and looks grim.

It is doing the complete opposite of the rug in 'the Big Lebowski' that 'really tied the room together' ^_^

Battaglin, good. Dedacciai frame good. Alloy frame, not as sellable as steel at the moment.i would tend to agree with @vickster 200 would be a good result.

Of course In a few years time when the kids in the 1990s are hankering after the bikes of their youth it may go for more!

Top Bottom