What's This Part Called - Where The V Brakes Were

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pbar

Please bear with me, I'm after a couple of parts but don't know what they're called. I have a front disc brake, but the forks have the 'prongs' welded to it for attaching standard V brakes. As I have the disc brake, these prongs have a cap over them, except that one has fallen off and the other looks a bit decrepid. So, I was going to get a couple of new ones and slip them on. Does anyone know what they are please?

betty swollocks

large member
V-brake bosses?

OP
OP
P

pbar

MichaelM said:
you're either after some new canilever brake bosses (though I don't know why if you're using a disc brake) or some studs to fit to the bosses.

Thanks for your replies.
It's not those, no, it's like a slip on metal cover (like a small tube with one closed end) which slips over the 'prong' which sticks out of the forks which the V brake fits onto.

02GF74

Über Member
sounds like those progs are the bosses the bakes pivot on and you have some caps to cover them up.

unless you have steel rigid forks, the bosses screw in; they can eb very very tight to undo but should be possble.

remove them and either leave hole as it is or plug it with either a gube screw (one size is M10 and other some imperial size) or a rubber bung.

OP
OP
P

pbar

02GF74 said:
sounds like those progs are the bosses the bakes pivot on and you have some caps to cover them up.

unless you have steel rigid forks, the bosses screw in; they can eb very very tight to undo but should be possble.

remove them and either leave hole as it is or plug it with either a gube screw (one size is M10 and other some imperial size) or a rubber bung.

Thanks.
They appear to be welded in.
Even if not, I doubt they could be removed by myself, as they are circular, so impossible to use a spanner, wrench or allen key.
So, think I need to find these 'caps' to cover them.

Top Bottom