Whats This (wildlife)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like a squirrel feeder

[QUOTE 4615002, member: 9609"]if you did put food in it then the squrrel wood never get it back out, and the only way to put food in would be to laboriously poke the stuff through the tiny gap - in any case this wood is invested with greys and they are trying hard to catch and get rid of them.[/QUOTE]
Not hinged at top?

Oxo

Guru
[QUOTE 4614978, member: 9609"]
bb_2749_zpsid2f81hw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Don't miss the Wild Life channel tonight, 'Who Lives in a Box Like This?'

Attachments

• bb_2749_zpsid2f81hw.jpg
    bb_2749_zpsid2f81hw.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 40

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 4615011, member: 9609"]The sqirrel feeder is an interesting thought though, it is certainly very simillar to this
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=squirrel+feeder&client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS3ungsZfRAhUBDsAKHb2sBQ4QsAQIlAE&biw=1418&bih=737#imgrc=qkxRLaOj_XikuM:

I can't remember if I tried to lift the top or not - may be it is hinged, I will have another look next time I'm up there (if I remember where it was)[/QUOTE]
Are the squirrels supposed to lift the lid? They can't reach to the bottom of the feeder thro that tiny gap surely......

Slick

Guru
Has it been nailed to the tree?

Slick

Guru
May have been put up by one of those tree hugging types. I would find it strange if it was though as they wouldn't have nailed the box to the tree.

keithmac

Guru
[QUOTE 4615199, member: 9609"]I think I just presumed the DPC was just to stop rain getting through the join at the back (I have done the same with some of my bird boxes)

I will have another look when I'm up there next week to see if it is hinged - and yes it certainly looks like a squirrel feeder, but it would be very odd if it was, this wood has been heavily infected by greys and is at the greys southern most boundary in the borders. Gamies are trying to exterminate the greys in this wood.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why it's empty?.

Top Bottom