Whats this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robson3022

Ive been offered a bike from an old friend who has had an injury and cant ride anymore. At the min all Ive got it this photo.

Does anyone know the model and what its worth?

IMG_1492_zps94692181.jpg

Thanks

mattobrien

Guru
Judging by the photo, I would suggest that it is an AR5, model year could be a wiser mans guess.

Spec of AR5 here but I am not suggesting this is the same spec as the one pictured.

As for what it's worth, it looks like they retailed at £2k, but everyone seems to be selling them for £1,600 for the 2012 model year.

Possibly worth asking your friend what he paid for it and what he is looking for, for it, before deciding what it is worth to you.

OP
OP
R

Robson3022

Well he bought it for £1600 says he paid £250 for pedals and I can have the stand and turbo trainer for £1200.

He hasn't done a lot of miles and was going to use it for triathlons but a pretty bad back injury means he has no use for it.

Seems pretty reasonable to be honest. I was after a cyclocross for the winter then was going to get a road bike in the spring but this may be to good to pass up plus the fact he's a mate and i'd rather line his pocket than a strangers.

Thanks for the link!

amaferanga

Veteran
Tell him to keep the pedals (£250 yeah right!). The bike itself is worth no more than around £750. £1200 is way too much. What turbo is it?

amaferanga

Veteran
They look like Look Keos, probably carbon Ti ones or something if he wasted that much money on them. I'm sure they were expensive, but you could buy a set of standard Look Keos for less than £50.

Around £750 is what it's worth. Now, people may pay more than that on eBay, but if this guy is a mate then he should be looking to sell it to you for a good price and not eBay price.

OP
OP
R

Robson3022

Around £750 is what it's worth. Now, people may pay more than that on eBay, but if this guy is a mate then he should be looking to sell it to you for a good price and not eBay price

Your right and I don't think he is meaning to rip me off. I just think his logic is he paid £1600+£250+£150? for the turbo and the stand so £2000 hes had it about a year and probably done less than 500 miles.

Thanks for the info though its given me a good idea.

A good road bike for a beginner?

Top Bottom