What's with bus drivers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Ok but if they haven't been able to trace the bus or driver? did you 1. Know the route number. 2. bus number 3. time? 4. Name of road it happened on. When i've messaged company i always include those 4 things.
2. How do you contact them? 1. Email 2. Social media etc... Since im also a passenger on there bus i message them on facebook and ussually get a response in ussually 2 days. So if you've contacted your bus company only one way have you tried a different way?

Yep, provided all those details (except the fleet number on the bus, as it's difficult to spot and memorise a small 5-digit number when you're taking avoiding action) and they still can't trace the bus. I know, I was shocked too.

Reported via email / form on their website. I don't do social media ;)

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Yep, provided all those details (except the fleet number on the bus, as it's difficult to spot and memorise a small 5-digit number when you're taking avoiding action) and they still can't trace the bus. I know, I was shocked too.

Reported via email / form on their website. I don't do social media ;)
Odd and ok.
luckily with the bus numbers here's there ussually 3 digits (sometimes 2) (occasionally 4) shown on to of back and side of bus So it's easy to remember. It's lisence plates i cannot remember which is one of the reasons i don't bother reporting other company veichles. But perhaps because there was no bus number and there were mutiple drivers. Perhaps they were actually telling the truth because i dunno in your town, but in mine drivers switch often which is why it's helpful to have bus number.

I dunno but in your town have you ever thought of mentioning in person to your bus company? like do you have a bus shop or bus depot in town/city? where some of the drivers might be.?

Last edited:

gaijintendo

Veteran
Last bus interaction of note for me was discussing panniers. For some reason I couldn't remember the brand Vaude at the time.so Ortlieb chat only.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

I've had to drag one or two out of their cabs my time to re-educate them.
Why would you even talk to a bus driver as when things happen i never confront a driver on the road for 2 main reasons. That's why i always message about it on social media instead.
1. could get into a argument and lead into road rage
2. Bus drivers have a schedule and time to meet. So why delay them?

Tin Pot

Guru
When I’m older and even more cantankerous, becoming a bus driver is one of my ways to get back at the world in general.

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

When I’m older and even more cantankerous, becoming a bus driver is one of my ways to get back at the world in general.
Bus drivers aren't old. Some are actually quite a young.

ps reminds me off one of my friends classmates has his work experience in the local bus depot.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Given the sheer volume of buses that I come across in London, I think their standard of driving is absolutely excellent. That applies to the rare occasions when I'm driving the van too. The people that scare me most are coach drivers from out of town. They just don't seem to have much experience of driving around large numbers of cyclists, and it shows.

monkeytennis

Bus drivers in London are generally very good driver and very courteous towards cyclists. There has been massive stride in cycle awareness and education with many of the London bus companies,
Of course you did still get the occasional idiot driver but over all they are very good.
Have to agree. I have felt a big improvement in treatment from bus drivers in London over the past few years and incidents with poor ones have decreased according.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The people that scare me most are coach drivers from out of town. They just don't seem to have much experience of driving around large numbers of cyclists, and it shows.
Yep. Most common vehicle type to overtake me on a junction approach, including when they're turning left :cursing:

Out of town vans are often awful but smaller and don't cut the corner as often.

Top Bottom