What's with the fuel prices! And cheap whisky, apparently ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Diesel, board showing 209.3 from a local BP filling station.
 

Pblakeney

Über Member
I remember saying that I'd give up my car if it went above £2. For a gallon. 😂
No, I didn't. Doubt I'll give up due to price now. It's more likely to be health/eyesight related at this stage of life.
 

icowden

Guru
Location
Surrey
Still £7 for a full tank of electrons here...

But I have to fuel the kids cars. I'm glad I don't have a diesel anymore, particularly as the tangerine tyrant is now threatening to stop selling it.
Getting expensive to fill up the Mini and the Fiat 500 though. The Fiat petrol money is reclaimable as the cost of getting to Nursing placements, but it never seems to end up back in my pocket...
 

katiewlx

Senior Member
Noticed it was thta at teh filling stations on the A40 between Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye.

Not sure why I'm still looking now I have an EV :smile:

because even if you dont pay to put it in your vehicle anymore, all the trucks that deliver stuff around the country that you buy in supermarkets sure do, as do diesel trains, diesel vans, diesel buses.

the fuel protests in 2000 kicked off largely because of the price of diesel that was impacting hauliers.
 
Top Bottom