What's with the lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Its a lot busier now that the schools are all back and the Olympics has left town...but it seems that the traffic lights are even busier than normal. I must have had a red at every single light from Lewisham to the top of the elephant yesterday...it added a good 15 mins to the journey.

I appreciate that crossings are busier with volumes of peds etc.. but I cant help but wonder if the lights are re-phased in rush hours to accommodate longer changes or more frequent reds.

was the same story today (if a little less congested at ped crossings) but all the "traffic" lights seems to be red almost constantly

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Yes,noticed that from East Lunnon,the lights seem to stay at red longer...Also this morning saw three cyclists within a short period of time with white lights on the back.

Wtf is that all about?

Trying to be clever,because it seems to be pretty thick to me.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The lights on the north side of Tower Bridge and the ones heading into Greenwich from Rotherhithe are still on Olympic phasing, which is holding traffic much longer.

Flyingfox

After 6 weeks of lovely cycling in very little traffic and getting new PB's for my journey from Lewisham to St James's, I've come down to earth with a bump this week. Road works appeared in front of my eyes, traffic jams down Embankment - it's been an absolute nightmare!

Top Bottom