What's wrong with me? I don't want to go MTBing any more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peloquin

lol goosander ~ I think what u need to do is spice up ur trail-life a bit:
Pick a hilly trail which pesky-ramblers use often, and 'bomb' down it shouting 'No Brakes". the shock on their faces' is priceless [:]

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
bonj said:
go to dalby

Ahh, MTB Nirvana.:tongue:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have to agree with Mondobongo 's post above. I occasionally pop over to look at my MTB club's forum but there's nothing there that interests me - it seems to have been taken over by illiterate kids who write rambling posts in incomprehensible language about people falling in nettles and finish every sentence with LOL

My other gripe is that over the years I have tried to promote interesting rides using MTBs to explore remote mountain or hilly areas but all the members seem to want to do is ride the same old crappy suburban circuits (literally crappy because they take in canal towpaths and public parks) or drive to places with manmade trails and cafes.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh yes, I've done the MTL twice - the first time was on my full-rigid Kona Hei Hei; I felt like I'd done 3 rounds with Mike Tyson after that! Interestingly the following year I had my Global with SID forks and I felt very much less knackered at the end.

A recent very enjoyable trip was the circuit over High Street and back along Ullswater and at the end of this month I'm riding Mount Keen in Scotland with my Munro-bagging climbing buddy. These kinds of trips take me back to using my MTB for going into the mountains, which is how I got into MTBing 20 years ago. The bikes I have owned have always been built up as reliable lightweight XC machines for mountain travel.

Renard

Rigid Raider said:
Oh yes, I've done the MTL twice - the first time was on my full-rigid Kona Hei Hei; I felt like I'd done 3 rounds with Mike Tyson after that! Interestingly the following year I had my Global with SID forks and I felt very much less knackered at the end.

A recent very enjoyable trip was the circuit over High Street and back along Ullswater and at the end of this month I'm riding Mount Keen in Scotland with my Munro-bagging climbing buddy. These kinds of trips take me back to using my MTB for going into the mountains, which is how I got into MTBing 20 years ago. The bikes I have owned have always been built up as reliable lightweight XC machines for mountain travel.

Full sus?

Renard

RedBike said:
When I came to get my full suspension bike serviced (Stumpjumper) the shop wanted (Can't remember the exact figures) £55 for the service, £45 to service the fork, £80 for the rear shock, £80 for the 'brain' (part of the rear shock) and £15 for new bearings. Not to mention brake pads etc.

Anyway, with parts they wanted nearly £300 just to service it!

Scrub that last comment!

Top Bottom